• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Nearby System Testing Extended to New Regions

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I updated today, and was surprised by how well it worked when I was out running errands. Finally, a decent tracking system. Not perfect, but tons better than nothing!

So when did this happen I got the latest update but do not see that for nearby and I am not near pokestops well three quarters of a mile away
    ^ You do have to select the mon you want it to track. Did you click on a specific one and it still did nothing? D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    At last I see both nearby and sightings now but tapping a pokemon on the sightings does not do anything just says find thisnpokemon in the wild

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    I gave this a good trial today it was showing pokestops not near me when I reached pokestops near me there were mons about but never showed up on the tracker.

The sightings didnt really work at all walking were there were no stops it showed ip about twice and yet I was picking up mons that never showed on the tracker.

Also a weird thing happening is its vibrating and there is nothing there and then sometimes it will vibrate a 2nd time and a mon then appears . Anyone else experiencing that.

So to me this new tracker system is not reliable and not much use.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've also gotten the vibration with no spawning, or Pidgey and Ratatta's will disappear and respawn and that makes it vibrate. So I check my phone and it's constantly like a cry wolf, to the extent where sometimes I don't check and could miss something important. :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Since the new Nearby Update I've not seen any New Pok?mon,all I see is the most Common ones. If this stays that way I will be deleting App as finding it very boring.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Now it vibrates when the Pokemon spawns, when it disappears and multiple times inbetween.

Typically my character idles around so Pokemon will spawn and disappear wile I'm standing in one spot. In other words it vibrates constantly. I believe before it would only vibrate when Pokemon spawned, can we go back to that?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Today I was shocked to see a Snorlax under "Nearby". I checked the map and it was more than a quarter mile away, near a pokestop I was familiar with. Fortunately I was in my car, and quickly zipped over to the spot as the message appeared "The pokemon fled". I've noticed that often pokemon appear in pairs, one after the other, and sure enough there was a Snorlax sitting there. 33% IV's, not a great one. But they are so rare ...

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Today I was shocked to see a Snorlax under "Nearby". I checked the map and it was more than a quarter mile away, near a pokestop I was familiar with. Fortunately I was in my car, and quickly zipped over to the spot as the message appeared "The pokemon fled". I've noticed that often pokemon appear in pairs, one after the other, and sure enough there was a Snorlax sitting there. 33% IV's, not a great one. But they are so rare ...
    The "Pokémon fled" message doesn't always mean they actually fled. Sometimes it's because the area is so saturated with Pokémon near PokéStops that the game doesn't load them as nearby.

But when you get into range, the Pokémon will naturally spawn. Of course, sometimes they do time out and despawn.

Back