• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Odd Egg

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • In Crystal there is an extra Egg you can get with a raised chance of hatching shiny, do you get this Egg when you play and have you ever gotten a shiny from it?

I hatched it looking for a specific Pokemon and got a shiny Cleffa, one of my favorites. :3 That was also my first shiny Egg in any game. Because of the random Pokemon you can get and being forgetful, Ive only used it twice I think.
    Spr_2c_173_s.png

colter519

Youngster
    Years
  • I don't remember this egg, but I do remember when I played Crystal I hatched a shiny Igglybuff, so...maybe I got it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I've never gotten a shiny from the Odd Egg. Honestly I don't even remember what Pokémon I got from it; it definitely wasn't Tyrogue, though, because I always had to get Tyrogue the hard way in Mt. Mortar.

I hope that if they bring gen 2 to the Virtual Console, even if they don't use the Egg Ticket (due to no PCC internationally), I hope the shiny rate is upped to 50% like in the Japanese version of the game.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I always use the Odd Egg. I have never gotten a Shiny from it, but I've gotten Elekid, Pichu, Smoochum, Cleffa, Magby, and Igglybuff on separate saves and used them all. I'm not sure if I ever got a Tyrogue from it, but if I did, I never used it.

Years
  • For me, a shiny Pichu hatched from the egg. I remember seeing the sparkles, and being like 'what the heck does that mean?'

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    For me, a shiny Pichu hatched from the egg. I remember seeing the sparkles, and being like 'what the heck does that mean?'

Oh my goodness, that brings back horrible memories xD When I first saw the red gyarados, I didn't know it was special at all.

And I've never gotten a shiny from the odd egg.

Back