• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Abilities/Moves to Emerald (Pokemon Glazed)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020
    I've tried all these tutorials but of course with my zero skill on computer lingo and all that, I couldn't get it to work.

I tried this one h ttp s://w ww.p ok ecom muni ty.com/s howthread .php?t= 290135 but when it came to searching for the 250c04 thing, I couldn't find that in the hex, so i was out only like 6 steps in. Can someone please help me I'm so confused.

I even tried to just edit the existing abilities using Pokemon Game Editor, but when i did that it crashed my game. :( :( :(

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I highly recommend downloading the newest version of PGE from Gamer2020's github and using that to add new abilities/moves: the new features make it really convenient to do so.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020
    I highly recommend downloading the newest version of PGE from Gamer2020's github and using that to add new abilities/moves: the new features make it really convenient to do so.

Ok, thanks. Two questions though.

1. Can you give me an example of how to implement, say Technician or Pixilate into Blazed Glazed using PGE.

2. Does Blazed Glazed have any new abilities?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020
    I am uploading your rom into gen iii hacking suite and it's not working. it's saying index out of range and i can't find a solution.

also, the "new" pge was the same one i already had. and it doesn't even show the new abilities that u added in the game. plus it's saying that u upload abilities via .ini which i have yet to be able to find a tutorial on how to do that.

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I see, you're working with Blazed Glazed.

1) The Ability Resource Thread in this forum should point you in the right direction.

2) Blazed Glazed does have new abilities. Not a whole lot, though.

The newest version of PGE should have multiple tabs above the tools. Underneath "Patchers and Expanders" is the attack/ability extension feature.

as for the ini issue, I'm just going to c/p something i wrote in a PM.
    -
    Just go down to the BPEE section of roms .ini file and make these changes:
    AbilityNames=1280000
    NumberOfAbilities=100

Then a little further down:
    AbilityDescriptionTable=1280D10

If you want to, you can copy the roms file that comes with PGE, put the copy in the same folder as your ROM, make sure both are named the same, and make the changes above to the copy. PGE will still recognize the ini and will use it accordingly.
    -

Keep in mind that if you want to make the rom compatible with G3HS you will have to hunt down the values in the ini and change them accordingly (some of them might be called different things).

This should answer your questions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020

1) The Ability Resource Thread in this forum should point you in the right direction.

The newest version of PGE should have multiple tabs above the tools. Underneath "Patchers and Expanders" is the attack/ability extension feature.

-
    AbilityNames=1280000
    NumberOfAbilities=100

If you want to, you can copy the roms file that comes with PGE, put the copy in the same folder as your ROM, make sure both are named the same, and make the changes above to the copy. PGE will still recognize the ini and will use it accordingly.
    -

Keep in mind that if you want to make the rom compatible with G3HS you will have to hunt down the values in the ini and change them accordingly (some of them might be called different things).

Doing what you said about PGE doesn't actually make your abilities show up. It's still only 78. And I'm asking for help on that abilities thread, but I already knew about it. It's just very confusing. I have no idea what ASM is and what this is and offsets and any of that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2020

-
    AbilityNames=1280000
    NumberOfAbilities=100

-

also when i add a move to pge it freezes the game

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    w9AwNeQ.png

Can you find something like this on your version of PGE? Try clicking the tabs just above the tools.
    If not, you might not have the newest version.

tudou

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's because you've inserted space to add more abilities. You can rename the ????s to whatever you want. It's not until you've inserted asm routines that these abilities will have any effect, though.

Reading the tutorials in the ability resource thread will guide you into the right direction.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2021
    I have the same issue. I grabbed a routine for Protean from MrDollSteak's thread with a bunch of ability routines.
    It looks like this:

.text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global protean

AbilityBufferUser:
    push {r0-r5}
    ldr r0, .Bank
    ldrb r0, [r0]
    mov r1, #0x58
    ldr r2, .BattleData
    mul r0, r1
    add r2, r0, r2
    ldrb r0, [r2]
    ProteanCheck:
    cmp r0, #0xA9
    bne Return
    BufferType:
    ldrb r0, [r2, #0x1]
    ldrb r1, [r2, #0x2]
    CheckVariableTypeMoves:
    ldr r4, .CheckTypeLoc
    ldr r4, [r4]
    ldrb r4, [r4, #0x13]
    mov r5, #0x3F
    and r4, r5
    cmp r4, #0x0
    beq CheckMove
    b CheckSameType
    CheckMove:
    ldr r3, .MoveIndex
    ldrh r3, [r3]
    cmp r3, #0xA5
    beq Return
    GetMoveType:
    ldr r4, .MoveData
    mov r5, #0xC
    mul r5, r3
    add r4, r4, r5
    ldrb r4, [r4, #0x2]
    CheckSameType:
    cmp r0, r4
    bne ChangeType
    cmp r1, r4
    beq Return
    ChangeType:
    strb r4, [r2, #0x1]
    strb r4, [r2, #0x2]
    ldr r3, =0xFF0003FD
    lsl r4, #0x10
    add r3, r4
    ldr r0, .BufferTypeLoc
    str r3, [r0]
    BufferMessage:
    mov r0, #0x49
    ldr r1, .Bank
    ldrb r1, [r1]
    bl DisplayMessage
    Return:
    pop {r0-r5}
    ldrb r1, [r0]
    str r2, [sp]
    mov r0, #0x2
    mov r2, #0x0
    ldr r3, .Return
    bx r3

DisplayMessage:
    ldr r2, .DisplayMessageBL
    bx r2

.align 2

.Bank: .word 0x0202420B
    .BattleData: .word 0x020240A4
    .MoveIndex: .word 0x020241EA
    .CheckTypeLoc: .word 0x0202449C
    .MoveData: .word 0x831C898
    .BufferTypeLoc: .word 0x02022F58
    .Return: .word 0x0804607D
    .DisplayMessageBL: .word 0x0803F965

*Insert 00 49 08 47 xx xx xx 08 at 46074

My issue is that despite writer saying this is a routine, it's never specified if this is ASM that needs to be altered in some way first before trying to compile it into a BIN, because no matter what I do, I cannot get this routine [protean.asm] file compiled to a .bin file, possibly because there are errors in the code. I followed instructions exactly, from scratch, several times, and neither CMD, the thumb.bat, or an online compiler could do it; windows would say the protean.asm does not exist, (it does, trust me), and the online compiler said there are either errors in the code, dangerous instructions, or too large-(its not too large).

The online Converter also said that I cannot have the period ( . ) in any of the source code. Well wtf all the routines posted in that thread have periods, so that can't be right.

Back