• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] [FR] Sappy Help. Instruments Dropping.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    So I recently imported a track I composed into sappy. All of the instruments are correct but whenever it comes to about 3 or 4 notes being played at the same time, some instruments drop entirely and can't be heard until later when there are less notes being played. For example, in this piece I have a french horn, trumpet, trombone, tubular bells, harp, strings, and timpani. Whenever the 3 brass instruments play along with the strings , the timpani falls out and doesn't return until one instrument stops playing. I know it's not an issue with the number of tracks since other songs in Fire Red have upward of 6 instruments playing at the same time. So I'm wondering how I can have a song play without having multiple instruments just stop playing all together. Thanks!

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • In FireRed, the ROM can only support 5 DirectSound notes playing at the sametime. Follow these steps to expand the DirestSound limit:
    Step 1: Open up your ROM in a HEX editor, search for 00 C5 94 00 and replace it for 00 CC 94 00 to expand the limit into 12 (the actual maximum the ROM can support)
    Step 2: Open up Sappy. Open Options→Settings→Extra→DirestSound Voices Limit. Change it to 12 to make your songs play normally in Sappy. DO NOT SKIP STEP 1 because Step 2 only affects music playing in Sappy rather than in-game;
    Tips: You may make use of GB Synth Instruments for bass section. GB Noise can also be used for purcussion (as Snare Drum or Closed Hi-Hat)

Last edited:
    Back