• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing Trainer Pokemon Moves?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    Hey, I just downloaded some stuff for editing pokemon ruby yesterday, and I'm wondering how to change from the default moves in the application "PET", or if it's possible. If not, can anyone point me to an app that can do this? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is a naive question, I've just started and have very little idea what I'm doing :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Pokémon moves are generally decided by the level/species, just like a wild encounter. Your best bet is to writebytetooffset and customize moves that way, or use pre-made ASM routines for this and similar things in the ASM resource thread.

Also, why are you hacking ruby? There's almost no support of it whatsoever...

Back