• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Having Set IVs/Natures/etc. on Gift Pokemon

Years
I want to be able to modify gift pokemon with stuff like certain ivs and natures instead of just level and held item. i was reading here that you can use the writebytetooffset command to fight a pokemon thats already damaged. so i was wondering if you could write a script that would instead set the stats to be specific values?

or if anyone has any idea of the basics of the Hyper Trainer they put in Sigma Emerald that would be fine too.

EDIT: it looks like a couple of the new special scripts in Dizzy's Various EM Upgrades are capable of doing this w the ATTR_[STAT]_IV stuff but idk how to write scripts with them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
You can always try opening Sigma Emerald in Advancemap and looking at the script of the Hyper Trainer in XSE. I learned how to make my Hyper Trainer doing a similar process. For me, it didnt require any ASM so it's likely Sigma Emerald's has no ASM either. Should be able to just copy and repoint the script essentially.

Years
Got it to work out. had to stare at some of the files in the Various EM upgrades folders for a while but basically, i got it to work for what i wanted to at least. first i just implemented the "Give custom pokemon script" from "new special scripts.txt" and then after that used the template for setting the attributes in that same file, but with their byte values in \src\defines\get_attr.h

Last edited:
Back