• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ponza:Coping with the changes

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    Creatures:11
    4x Arc-Slogger
    3x Furnace Whelp
    4x Slith FireWalker
    Other Spells:
    4x Stone Rain
    4x Molten Rain
    3x Demolish
    3x Lay Waste
    3x Magma Jet
    4x Electrostatic Bolt
    3x Chrome Mox
    3x Pyroclasm
    Lands:22
    18x Mountain
    4x Wooded Foothills
    ok here's what i found out
    it doesn't matter if your playing big red or LD
    you ALWAYS have:
    Arc-Sloggers
    Electrostatic Bolts
    you most of the time have:
    Pulse Of The Forge(for big red i think?)
    pyroclasm(**** yeah!)
    Stone Rain
    Molten Rain
    what i reccomend:Chrome Mox,Wooded Foothills,Magma Jet(scry abillity is DEADLY useful),and maybe starstorm but i'm sideboarding it at the moment and also i was thinking about Flamebreak but it's not to bad of a card really it's pretty useful i'm thinking about sideboarding Flamebreak at the moment

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i think i get it...so its to destroy their lands while at the same time burnin their buts
    pulse of the forge and Beacon of Destruction are my choices for burn repeaters
    heres a combo: Panoptic mirror + Searing wind = 10 damage opponent per turn or rid urself of 1 creature on the field(usually)

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    digispirit virus said:
    i think i get it...so its to destroy their lands while at the same time burnin their buts
    pulse of the forge and Beacon of Destruction are my choices for burn repeaters
    heres a combo: Panoptic mirror + Searing wind = 10 damage opponent per turn or rid urself of 1 creature on the field(usually)
    you almost get it
    instead of burning them
    i MOST OF THE TIME get rid of the creatures
    but if i don't have anything to burn sure i'll do it for the heck of it
    Magma Jet is really good

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I just got my 4th magma jet (funny how all 4 are from boosters), yay!

Anyway, I'd think that you should actually use 1 or 2 red pulses in your deck tho. It REALLY turns affinity games around for me (like when you get sharpenal'd). So I strongly recommend you consider 1 or 2 in there. As for magma jet: it's godly yea, but you probably won't have the room to slap them in.

You sure on the firewalkers? I mean, they don't seem to be working very well at my end.

As for some minor changes: +1 demolish, -1 Lay Waste (I don't care if you like cycling, it's just better to have the 4th demolish).

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
    hmm
    well in California
    what's pretty popular
    these days is Ravager/Affinity and
    March of The Machine deck doesn't seem 2 bad right now (lol condescend)
    Tooth and Nail is seeing alot of play right now(Mephidross/Triskelion combo is pretty popular these days)
    Elf/Nail is crap these days
    What i've been noticing these days is Vial Affinity has gone through the roof
    Ponza's doing pretty good here
    (FireWalkers are good trust me on this one kenz)
    i haven't been seeing lots of black play these days
    Broodstar Affinity is pretty popular here
    why i dislike pulses so much
    i can't seem to use it in a good situation
    but perhaps your right because ponza decks usually keeps you from having a hand i'd consider it
    once again i repeat don't even think about taking firewalkers
    i repeat they are essentials to ponza

Back