• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Hey! Why'd you attack him! He had nothing to do with this!" Thyme said angrily to Dyno. She was glaring at him now. Stupid lizard. Didn't even know his friends from his enemies.

"I hope so... Jack got hit so bad that one of his pokemon flew him to the pokemon center. And Sel's leg was swelling up real bad. And I have no idea what was wrong with Val. Mark took the girls back and I decided I couldn't leave you out here all alone. I would hate that to happen to me. Now, let's get out of here," Bri said. It already had happened once today, and he didn't want to get lost in the woods. He walked with Vince back to where the fight took place and realized that was as far as he knew.
"Um... Do you know the way back from here? I know you came up here without the rest of us and I had gotten lost before I got here," Bri admitted, ashamed of his poor sense of direction.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Wincing slightly, Sel shifted herself upwards into a more comfortable half-sitting position, Ryan stirring slightly as she moved but settling again when she placed a hand on him gently. Her leg felt like it were either about to explode or drop off, but hopefully the antidote had worked - she'd not been listening when the nurse had mentioned amputation having been distracted by the pain, and so was blissfully unaware of the potentially disastrous consequences.

"hey guys...well, I've had better days you know," she said sheepishly, nodding down towards the injured leg under the covers, "kind of feel a bit rubbish but nothing I won't live through I'm sure...think my jogging idea may have to be put on hiatus for now hey!" she laughed to Valorie, in truth she was secretly gutted about that - sh'd felt so fired up and ready to train before...well, not much she could do about it really.

"how's everyone else?" she asked, directing the question more to Mark as he'd been the medic running round, "are Bri and Vince back yet?" this was getting irritating already - she just wanted to get up and leave now. Being bed bound was not a good thing for her...

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark looked up half smiling. "Yeah... I'm alright physically. Otherwise, I kinda feel like crap." Mark said, going back to a frown. "They're still out in the forest. They should be getting back here soon I hope..." Mark looked over to both Valorie and Selene.

---

Snype walked along the path that they had taken before, that was until Bri mentioned if Vince knew the right way. That couldn't be good. They could be heading deeper into the forest. Snype figured this would be a great time to make use of his vision. His eyes began glowing white as he looked around for a path out of the forest. "Kehehe... Comon, this way." Snype said pointing at the direction out of the forest.

Years
(Updating the pokemon list with some ice types, aint i nice)

Jack twisted and turned in his bed he was so uncomfortable and the IV drip wasn't making it any better. "Is this really necessary" Jack groaned as he sat up in the bed a bit. The nurse rushed in as he heard his complaints "Now Mr Jacobs if you want to get better you have to work with us" she commented as she fluffed his pillows then left the room. Jack sighed this was the last place he wanted to be even if it hurt like hell. Jack had already planned what he wanted to do for the rest of the week and now everything was ruined, he scoped up his bag and tried to let out Blade but it wasn't happening. Jack cut a depressed figure "Its not your fault" JAck said as he just began staring through the window.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie flashed a nervous smile at Selene as she sat up, still looking over her shoulder. Valorie wasn't exactly a medical expert, so she didn't know what would or wouldn't hurt her ability to heal.

"I'm doing alright... Just concerned about you really."

She was slightly tempted to hug her, though she resisted the urge. Valorie glanced at Mark briefly. To think they had had plans for tonight revolving around discussing him. They couldn't really do that now. She silently noted that she'd still stay with Selene if the Nurses would let her. Yet, somehow she doubted that would happen.

SelenaStar

Years
Closing her eyes and nodding slowly, a small smile twisted Selene's lips upwards as she rested back against her pillows - the poison must have spread through her system more than she had thought initially - and laughed weakly. The whole thing was pretty amusing the more she thought about it, going into the forest to try and overcome her unease with bug pokemon and she ended up poisoned and hospitalised..."Oh the irony..." she said to herself, voicing her thoughts out loud before realising that Valorie had spoken, looking up to see her friend watching her somewhat anxiously.

"Oh, I'll be fine. I've had the Antidote, I presume I'll be up and about within the day! Although I'd expected the pain to have lessened more than this by now..." she trailed off, frowning slightly as she looked down at her own foot. "But no matter, I just know to stay away from Spinarak for the time being hey? Have either of you seen Jack? Is he with the others?" she asked, suddenly remembering that he'd been hit too.

She turned to Mark and felt concerned...she didn't really know what to say. Bri and Vince still weren't out of the forest...they should be, they were the only two left and who knew if those bugs had gone back for a second try or not. "I...I don't know what to say..." she said truthfully, reaching up with her fingertips to feel her clammy forehead, grimacing. At least her limbs had stopped shaking so much...her leg twitched and throbbed angrily through the pain but it seemed largely isolated.

Megaman765

Years
Mark shook his head. "Two wild pokemon attacks... in two days in a row. I find that kind of odd for a school, And I wouldn't call it necessarily safe at all... I'm starting to think theres some kind of connection... then again, Frillish and Beedrill are known for attacking humans... but Spinarak? Seems fishy..." Mark said. "I'm going to march up to the principle and give him a peace of my mind tommorow. No way am I letting this kind of thing pass. They should know about the dangers in some of these areas and attempt to take care of it, I don't care how new this school is."

Mark looked toward Selene. "Yeah, Jack is here. I think he's in one of the other rooms..." He simply replied. He wondered where in the world Snype was... he was really worried. Snype tended to cheer Mark up at times like this, just because of how cheerful the little ghost always was.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: I grow weary of the forest. My post is going to assume Vince is following, because he's already said he was. If he decided to do something else, I can change my post. And ice types now? I may have to catch one instead of a Misdreavus. I'll have to see what they are.)

Bri followed Snype, wondering if he knew where he was going. Thyme was sitting on his shoulder, still muttering about Dyno under her breath. She hated to see pokemon treat their friends like that. Even she wouldn't attack one of her team mates for no reason! She looked in front of them and saw what Bri had missed. A Pineco was lowering itself into their path and chuckling.

"Look out!" She yelled as she jumped up and shoved Bri, Vince, and Snype out of the way with her vines as the thing exploded. She wasn't so lucky and got caught in the blast. When the smoke cleared, she was standing in front of them with the fainted Pineco at her feet.

"Thanks, Thyme. I didn't see him there. You ok? Thyme? Thyme?!" Bri said. Thyme looked down and gasped. She fell to her knees and Bri could see a piece of wood stuck in her shoulder.
"I don't believe this! I take out a bunch of worthless bugs, then stand up against an Ariados that probably could have killed me, journey through the land of colors and save you guys from even more worthless bugs! Only to be taken out by a Pineco! A Pineco! It's just not fair!" she shouted, sounding very hysterical. Bri was very scared, but he knew better than to touch the wood sticking out of her shoulder and the top of her chest. He picked her up. They had to hurry to the pokemon center now. Bri was very scared, but he looked around. He was beginning to recognize the area. He thought he could make it back now. he grabbed Snype and ran down the path that was growing under his feet. Soon he was on a real trail and he sprinted down it as fast as he could. He soon saw several buildings. He ran to the pokemon center, thanking Arceus that it was on the same side of the school he was.

"Nurse! Thyme is hurt bad and she needs help!" Bri said as he burst through the doors. He set Snype down on the ground so he could go and find Mark, or whatever it was he wanted to do.
"Oh, not another one. We just had three students come in, all badly poisoned. We just don't have enough assistants on hand right now! I need another pair of hands!" she said frustratedly. She then looked him over and he became nervous.
"Come with me and put these gloves on. You're going to help me with this," she said. Bri handed her Thyme and put the gloves on as ordered and followed her into one of the rooms. He was a little scared.

"Is Thyme allergic to any medicines?" the nurse asked as she started rumaging through a drawer.
"Um... No," Bri said. She found what she was looking for. It was a needle with some kind of fluid in it. She took the cover of it off.
"Hold her steady. She's gone into shock, and this mild sedative will help her calm down," the nurse instructed. Bri held Thyme so she couldn't move. She didn't even seem to care when the needle pierced her arm. The nurse put a little of the sedative in her system and she visibly relaxed, then fell asleep.
"Now, I want you to go in that drawer and grab the tweezers, one of the rolls of gause, the medical tape, and the antibiotic cream. Thyme didn't get hurt too badly, but it will be a while before she is ready to battle again," the nurse said soothingly. Bri didn't care if she ever battled again. He just wanted her to be ok. He found the requested items very quickly and returned to holding Thyme steady for the nurse, who began pulling out the pieces of wood and dropping them in a tray nearby. Thyme gasped in pain and tried to move, but Bri made sure she wouldn't until the nurse was done. Then he helped her wrap Thyme in the gause after applying the antibiotic cream. They finished up by using the medical tape to tape the gause down so it wouldn't fall off. After they were finished, Bri held Thyme gently. That had been the coolest thing he'd ever done.

"You were pretty good as an assistant. I had expected you to panic when I started pulling the wood out of Thyme. The pieces went in pretty deep. But you didn't panic. I would like to train you up as an apprentice here. Would you like that?" the nurse said as they walked back out of the room. Bri nodded and looked at her. An apprentice? Would that mean he was on the road to becoming a doctor or something?
"This would be on top of your usual class load. Come by every evening. That way you'll still have the afternoon to do things with your friends. And when Thyme wakes up, give her one pill, and then another in the morning. And bring Thyme back with you tonight, that way I can moniter her healing and determine whether she needs to spend the night here!" the nurse ordered. Bri took the two pills and put them in his bag. He then started to wander around the pokemon center, looking for his friends. That had been a little crazy, and somehow he ended up as an apprentice here! Well, he wasn't much good for a lot else, so maybe he'd be able to learn how to heal pokemon that had been hurt. Then he could be useful. If he had been learning here before today, he might have been able to better help his friends earlier. He heard voices coming from one of the rooms and saw Mark standing near a bed. He knocked on the door, figuring it would be more polite to just wait until he was called in.

SelenaStar

Years
Looking up, trying to see out of the small window in the door, Sel couldn't see who was knocking. Perhaps it was a nurse saying that she could leave now! Unlikely...but perhaps! Or it could be more medicine...either way, it wasn't polite to leave anybody waiting once they'd knocked at a door. Clearing her throat, Sel craned her neck up again, irritating Blu to fly off again to her headboard and called "Come in! We're decent!" wondering who it could be...perhaps Bri and Vince had finally gotten back from the Forest! Oh no...she hoped they weren't hurt...but then, if it was an emergency she was certain the Nurses wouldn't have knocked.

Nideous

Years
Bri opened the door and walked in when he heard Selene shout. Even when she was ill, she was still very loud, as evidenced by Thyme frowning and burying her head in Bri's arms when she heard the girl. Bri walked in the room and looked at the three in there.
"Um... How are you guys doing?" Bri ased, very much aware that he wasn't all that good himself. He still had strands of the web that had tied him down before Thyme had showed up to help him. His clothes were dirty and his hair had pieces of wood in it from that explosion. Throw in the fact that he had a number of small cuts and bruises and was carrying Thyme, who had a very large patch over her left arm, left shoulder, back, and chest, and he looked terrible. Which was pretty much how all of them looked at that point. But one thing was clear, he never wanted to go back to that forest ever again!

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked up at the incoming Pinco and was pushed out of the way by Thyme. Didn't seem neccesary for Snype... seeing as he was a Ghost Type but Thyme ended up getting badly hurt. She had a piece of wood stuck in her shoulder. He was immediately picked up by Bri as he ran down the path to the Pokemon Center.

At the Pokemon Center, Bri set Snype down to find Mark. But out of kindness, he decided to stay and watch over both Bri and Thyme. He could find Mark later. He felt bad for Thyme. She went through alot of crap the whole day. Being harrassed by three Charmeleon (or the other way around), fighting several bug pokemon, now this. She seriously needed a hug. Good thing Bri had that handled.

When they were done, Snype looked around for the Room Mark was in. Bri happened to find it first. After he opened the door, Snype crawled inside and immediately jumped onto Mark.

"Snype!" Mark exclaimed happily. He gave Snype a big hug when Snype jumped onto him. Snype laughed slightly and pulled away from Mark. He wasn't exactly the type to get hugs from his trainer. "Bri! What happened back there?" Mark said, noticing Thyme's condition. "... was it a wild pokemon by any chance...?" Mark asked, hoping for more proof on his theory.

SelenaStar

Years
((loud?? She had to shout through a door from a bed a fair distance away haha))

Selene watched with her eyes wide as Bri walked in - he looked awful! She knew that neither she, Valorie nor Mark looked like oil paintings at this moment but Bri looked like he'd been through the ambush all over again after they'd left...and Thyme looked terrible! The poor Snivy had obviously been in some kind of major fight if the bandaged up shoulder was anything to go on...although her own leg was killing her with the pain, she thanked the Gods above that none of her Pokemon were that injured.

Not helping the smile that slid onto her face as Snype leapt onto Mark - seeing the closeness of the trainer and ghost pokemon cheered her up no end - she turned her attentions back to Bri, her face turning suddenly solemn. "Bri, I'm so sorry...if it weren't for me persuading you to come to the forest you'd have been safe from all of this...although you were such a hero I doubt we'd be here without you," she grinned suddenly, her small laugh making Ryan open one eye and look up. Noticing that she was awake he let out a loud 'CHU! PIKA PI!' and threw his arms around her as high as he could reach. Selene winced suddenly - his little arm had hit a sensitive spot on her shoulder - but she cuddled him back stroking his tail. "Hey Ryan darling...you were wonderful out there babe, really wonderful..."

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Bri has sensative ears. lol)

Bri noticed as Snype scooted around under him and went to Mark. Snype had been following him still? Odd, Bri had thought he had left.
"Err... I don't know about all that. You guys fought the bugs off too. And when I left to go find Vince, he's ok too by the way, I got caught too. If it hadn't been for Thyme and Snype showing up, Vince and I would be bug food. And as for what happened to Thyme, well, a Pineco got the jump on us as we were walking back and she knocked us out of the way before it exploded. But she got hit pretty bad. So I brought her here and the nurse helped her and somewhere along the way I became an apprentice here to learn about how to treat injuries and illness or something," Bri said. He spoke softly and sat down in a chair. He looked at Thyme, who was stirring softly in her sleep. He had sworn she mentioned something about the land of colors before? What had she meant by that? He would ask her when she woke up.

Megaman765

Years
"Pinco huh? I got attacked by one of those before but it was just an innocent explosion at that time... I think that Pineco just wanted to have fun with me..." Mark said, pondering. They had to be connected in some way... they just had to be! He couldn't get the thought out of his head... He was dedicated into getting to the bottom of this.

"Assistant huh? Sounds good! It would be great to have a friend thats a doctor! Haha..." Mark said. Snype jumped off of Mark and looked around to the other Pokemon. They all seemed to be alright... except Thyme of course which he was mostly concerned about. He was the only one that knew Thyme's secret, so he had to keep his word and not tell a soul, not ever Bri.

Snype noticed that Dratini had evolved! She was huge now! A Dragonair! Guess it would be pretty weird to be calling himself her big brother now... who knows, maybe she was the same as usual. Even Ri had evolved into a Lucario! Snype was missing out... not that he could evolve anyways. He preferred how he looked anyways, chances are if he could evolve, he would become some monstrous beast like thing and not his old good looking self.

"Geez... what a day..." Snype said out loud.

Dawn

Years
Valorie glanced at Brian as he entered the room, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the thought of what could've happened. It didn't seem like something to joke about to her, but whatever. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"Hey Brian..."

She then looked to Mark. She had temporarily forgotten how much angst she had been feeling over their friendship lately. She looked up to him and spoke in a warning tone.

"Pokemon aren't given to us because we don't need them for protection. Wild pokemon can be very dangerous!"

She said the last part in a matter-of-fact tone as if she were giving a lecture. She stopped to think for a moment before speakig again.

"My guess is we accidentally disturbed the Beedrill and the huge fight alarmed nearby wild pokemon into defending their homes, thinking they were in danger."

Valorie seemed to be brooding. At least, it made sense to her anyway. She then turned to look at Selene again.

"Beedrill are /really/ dangerous. We're lucky to have survived."

She then leaned over and gently hugged Selene without warning. She of course was aware of how close Selene had come to dying out there. The hug was all tender and mushy and stuff. Valorie didn't seem to care if others saw or took notice. She did however silently vow to personally kick the butt of anyone who had the gall to tease.

"...Which is why I'm grateful that all of us got out okay."

The comment referred to all of them, but it was clearly directed primarily at Selene.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
Listening to what Valorie said carefully, Selene found herself agreeing with every word. Yes...Beedrill did tend to attack pokemon and people relatively easily and without much provocation, but an attack on that scale...they must have sensed some kind of attack, some kind of threat to their home...thinking carefully about what they would do in the same situation, Selene was sure that anyone would fight desperately to protect their home from a perceived threat...the Frillish were a different story, but Sel couldn't help but wonder whether Mark was so scarred by that incident he was projecting that onto what happened in the forest and getting carried away with misguided deductions...

She nodded and was about to speak before Valorie pulled her into a gentle hug, startling Selene somewhat. Sure, they had hugged before but it was mainly Selene trying to comfort Valorie over Mark...this, this was unexpected and unusual...but, as she sniffled, Selene found it was so needed and she was so grateful for the affection as she hugged Valorie back. She felt that familiar burn in her nose as her eyelashes dampened, but she wasn't going to sob all over and wet her friend, so she settled for some sniffs and sobbing noises from her chest. Gosh...until Valorie had hugged her, Selene hadn't actually let herself think about what had happened today...she was terrified! And probably would always remember the feelings of helplessness, never mind the pain...she held Valorie back, just like Valorie had responded to her hug back in Entei Dorm...like she wouldn't ever let go if she didn't have to.

"It...it still hurts! Val I'm really...I'm really scared!" she confessed quietly, whispering so only Valorie could hear. Anyway, so what if the others heard...she wasn't afraid to admit that she was afraid. If anyone found her weak...then she would dare them to go through what they had all been through today and then not be scared.

Megaman765

Years
Mark shook his head. "Either way, The same thing could happen to anybody else. If your around a Group of Kakuna, your usually given a warning before treading into their Territory... Beedrill will do the same. But this was a vicious assault!..." Mark paused and put his hand over his head. "I'm sorry... just so much has happened recently... It's only been three days..." Mark said leaning his elbow on his knee and holding his head.

"I'm glad your all alive too..." He continued. he still couldn't help but feel like he could have prevented all of this somehow... He just wanted all of this to just pass... he just wished it was like their first day...

Nideous

Years
Bri watched the girls hug. He was still very shaken by what happened. And they were too, apparently. He wondered if any of them had been fine. He looked down at Thyme, who was slowly coming to. She looked around at them all with blurry unfocused eyes.
"Uhn... Did I miss something?" Thyme asked quietly.
"Thyme! Are you ok? How are you feeling?" Bri asked when she spoke.
"I feel like someone shot some wood through my chest," she murmered. Bri pulled out one of the pills the nurse had given him.
"Here, the nurse told me to give you this when you woke up," Bri said. She took it and swallowed it without a fuss. He turned to the others.
"So... Are you guys going to be ok? That was really, really scary. And where is Jack? Didn't he get here before any of us?" Bri said, concerned for his friends safety. He was still dwelling on what had happened, but he didn't want to break down until he knew all of his friends were ok. If he hadn't been holding Thyme, he would have been shaking like a leaf.

Years
"Ugh" Jack groaned as he heard the voices in the next room get louder and louder, he knew the nurse said not to move but he couldn't relax if the place was so loud. Jack gently took out the needle that was stuck in his arm dispensing the iv, he climbed out of bed and trotted towards the wall trying to stay on his feet. He made it to his door and groaned, every step he took he felt pain when he turned the door knob he felt pain, even as he was knocking on the door where the noise was coming from. "Can you keep it down please" Jack asked unaware of who was in the room at the time before he struggled back to his own room.

Dawn

Years
Valorie became somewhat self conscious, glancing around at the others to see if they were staring. The expression on her face was all 'Don't judge me'. She then turned her head back to Selene and just held her close. It was the sort of affection she herself would've appreciated when she was down in the dumps. At first she had felt like she was just weak for needing the comfort of others. Seeing this though, she realized that maybe it was more normal than she has thought. She felt a surge of affection fore Selene just then. She didn't completely understand what she felt. She didn't have siblings to compare it to, but she knew that she wanted to make everything alright. She lowered her voice to a whisper, low enough that what she said was all but inaudible to the boys. She trusted them both not to snoop too much.

"It'll be okay... We'll get through this one way or another, /together/."

Valorie took a moment to take a deep breath through her nose, emotionally stabilizing herself. She couldn't get all sobby now. Selene needed her to be strong. She did however allow herself to lean against Selene slightly, though she was careful not to touch that injured leg.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon would've made a snarky comment, but Valorie had deposited her and Trapinch with the nurses. She knew it was cruel to just keep using potions to keep her pokemon just barely above fainting for an extended period of time.

Valorie heard someone telling them to be quiet. Was that Jack's voice? She was slightly annoyed, but assumed he couldn't be talking to her.

Last edited:
Back