• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Balancing attacking moves for new game

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    hey guys im working on a new rpg maker pokemon game and ive been reworking ALL damaging non legendary signature moves to fit them into categories (eg. make them skill variations).
    as a competitive battler i wanna start a discussion how this would affect the metagame whats over the top and whats this useless. so thx for reading and lets go:

Spoiler:

and for the people who just want to see the changes:

Spoiler:

firstly sorry if the formating is messed up at some points. i was too exhausted too fix everything from the chart i have.

so the main aspects for this balancing was to make everything viable but nothing over the top while also normalizing some inconsistent things that were always bugging me. the game also has some fake megas like for example mega raticate so alot of signature moves have been buffed. also i wanted to remove A LOT of rng from the battling. as a lover of vgc things like focus miss and stone miss are simply dumb and take the competitive feeling from pokemon. also the lack of any 90 base power physical move with perfect accuracy was annoying so for example everybody had to take waterfall as physical water stab and physical fairy types needed to take a 90% accuracy move as their only stab option.

so these are my changes what are your opinions? also if this belongs in the questions tab and not the discussion tab or any other tab, move it pls.

edit: i just now saw that all the formatting in the list is gone so sry that it now looks like shit -_-

Back