• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Autotile for RPGXP

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    I'm trying to get this autotile to work but it keeps looking weird. Would appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Autotile:
    Spoiler:

In game:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2019
    Hello,

take a look at the Autotiles in the Autofiles-Folder.
    Your Design is too complex.

EDIT: Hey hey, i was too fast! That doesn't mean you couldn't use it - but you need to place Tile by Tile so - it won't work as Autotile for you :)

You need to put some more work into it -
    CvlUGJ5.png

Greets

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2019
    Take a look at this tutorial: [link not permitted]
    It explains how autotiles are basically made up of mini tiles that are a fourth of the normal size and how the engine puts these together. The tutorial is for 2x2 autotiles and RPGmaker VX/Ace but the same principles should apply to 3x3 and RpgXP.

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links apparently but google for 'anatomy of an autotile tutorial' and you'll find it

Back