• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

currently unnamed hack

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 31, 2018
hello guys, I'm new here and I'm considering making an Emerald Rom hack. I wrote down a few notes and ideas and was hoping to get some feedback on them. So yeah, I'm just gonna list them with a small explaination to what I mean by it.

- Fair trainer/wild levels
No unfair level skips, you should be able to play through the game without power grinding as long as battle all the trainers intended.

- Split storyline
Being able to some degree decide your own route through the story even though the story remains mostly the same.

- Great diversity early on
Instead of just being able to decide between a single normal, flying, rock type and so on, Iwant to give the player a big roster to choose from early on without it being game breaking. Maybe a few optional areas with a certain amount of pokemon in each as well as one or two rare encounters.

- Rebalance "useless" pokemon
Some pokemon are just bad, that's just how it is. But it doesn't have to be. I want to tweak these pokemons base stats and movepool to make most or all pokemon "useable" without making anyone too over powered.

- No trade evolution
This one is quite popular as far as I know, but I still want to include it. I want to make pokemon evolved through trading have another option like stones, levelup or levelup with a hold item.

- Stone evolutions still learn levelup moves
It always annoyed me how I had to choose between evolving my pokemon or keep it as is just for it to gain that one powerfull move it only learn at level 50+ in its pre-evolved form. I want to change that. To keep it like most "regular" evolution lines and have them still learn the moves of its pre-evolution, but at a later level, perhaps even make it learn quite a bit later to balance it out.

- Sidequests
Sick of fetch quests? So am I. I'd rather have anything from optional areas, to puzzles and mazes. I'll also make them worthwile to complete. instead of giving a single item, I'd open up a new shop, increase the stock of an exsisting shop, unlocking an optional area, give a choice of more than one gift pokemon and others if I can come up with them

- Option: No Items in battle
Tired of gym leaders spamming full restores? Well I want to make an option at the beginning of the game on whether or not you want items to be useable in trainer battles. this will however affect you as well, but will also make you fill more excited and thrilled about having said trainer battles. No more "oh my best pokemon fainted, I guess I'll just send in some fodder and use a revive+hyper potion". all battles have stakes now. I would understand if this isn't for everyone, which is why I want it to be an option.

There you have it. Any feedback would be greatly appretiated and any contributions will be credited. I'm still only in the planning phase, because I want to Know exactly what I'm making before I start on it to make sure it's good. thank you again

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
Pretty decent ideas all around.
Careful with the Gym skipping though, you don't want to have Johto's level curve because of it.

It's good to know if you have the means to implement the ideas you have. These seem simple enough, I hope you succeed.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
pretty basic and easily done as afar as the features go,
though, the adding late game types could be rather tricky but thats the only major one.
since no-trade and stone evos are there in most hacks and the level up moves via stone evos could be done with a bit of ASM, i believe.

all in all pretty achievable and not so over the top goal, would make a good QOL hack.
Good luck.

Back