• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
uh does someone know why everytime i compile a script taht was already compiled (i can't use #dynamic because of that, so i use fsf to find offset) it keeps changing me some part of the code ?
(like msgbox 0x801C0A 0x2 to loadpointer 0x0 0x801C0A and things like that)

Yes, it's because you don't have enough free space at that offset for your script. You need a new offset.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
oh sure.

uh..those commands :
applymovement 0xFF @fefe

#org @fefe
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x62

are working, but for some reason, are blocking the rest of my script (i moved them many times to see, nothing works) might help? :/

Last edited:

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Okay, thanks you two. That's what I was thinking, anyway.

Just a side note. If you're putting the script in a place the player can reach it after they already have a pokemon you're going to overflow their party by giving them six new pokemon. I suggest a script fragment to count how many pokemon they have with them before giving them any more. If you're giving them the pokemon as their first pokemon you'll be ok but you need to activate the pokemon option in the menu and depending on your needs you might want to give them the pokedex too. I forget what flags to use for the pokemon menu and pokedex.

oh sure.

uh..those commands :
applymovement 0xFF @fefe

#org @fefe
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x62

are working, but for some reason, are blocking the rest of my script (i moved them many times to see, nothing works) might help? :/

After any series of movement commands you need #raw 0xfe to tell the script you're done issuing movement commands. Like this:

applymovement 0xFF @fefe

#org @fefe
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xfe

Try it like that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
>< sorry again for posting "n00bies" error...(the worst is that in my other script i put the 0xFE and i couldn't find out why this one wasn't working)

Years
I have a pretty noob question, but what do you put in the Unknown, Var Number, Var Value, and Unknown sections of a green "S" script block?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I have a pretty noob question, but what do you put in the Unknown, Var Number, Var Value, and Unknown sections of a green "S" script block?

I think this goes in the simple question but...

Var number: 5240 or also 4050(i think, use the 5240, cause I'm sure about that)

Var value: Leave it empty

Unknown: 03 00 (in the first box put in 03 and in the second put in 00)

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Unknown doesn't seem to be important. For var number, put whatever var you want to use to determine if the script is usable or not, and for value, whatever value it should be to start the script. So if you have 4050, 0000, if variable 4050=0, the script will run. Add a setvar 0x4050 0x1 somewhere in the executed script, and that script will no longer occur when you step on the tile.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23
With the level script, you have to have a variable to set it off. So in the first script (where you warp), you'd have to have, say "setvar 0x5000 0x1". Then for the level script, you would have it activate when 0x5000 0x1 is set. Then, in the level script itself, you would have to have "setvar 0x5000 0x2" so that it won't activate again whenever you're in that map. Try that and see if it works - and put a "waitstate" after the warp command as well in the first script.

This doesn't work... it does the same thing

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Quote:
With the level script, you have to have a variable to set it off. So in the first script (where you warp), you'd have to have, say "setvar 0x5000 0x1". Then for the level script, you would have it activate when 0x5000 0x1 is set. Then, in the level script itself, you would have to have "setvar 0x5000 0x2" so that it won't activate again whenever you're in that map. Try that and see if it works - and put a "waitstate" after the warp command as well in the first script.

Proberly something wrong with your level script. Post your level script here.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quote:

Just to make sure, your initial script should be something like this:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80030B
setvar 0x5000 0x1
msgbox 0x8800052 MSG_NORMAL '"Yay!\pThat game I was playing\nis ..."
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x10 0x18
waitstate
release
end

And the level script something like this:

Code:
#org @start
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88000C9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88000D5 MSG_NORMAL '"W-w-where am I?\pI thought I was o..."
special 0x113
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x88001F7
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88001FD MSG_NORMAL '"H-h-he's dead.\p[.]\p[.]\p[.]\p[.]..."
special 0x114
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x8800218
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880021E MSG_NORMAL '"[.]\p[.]\p[.]\pW-w-well I should s..."
setvar 0x5000 0x2
release
end

Right?

And then make sure you follow this tut to fix the map script offset:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Just to make sure, your initial script should be something like this:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80030B
setvar 0x5000 0x1
msgbox 0x8800052 MSG_NORMAL "Mom: Get down here [player]!..."

warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x10 0x18
waitstate
release
end

And the level script something like this:

Code:
#org @start
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88000C9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88000D5 MSG_NORMAL '"W-w-where am I?\pI thought I was o..."
special 0x113
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x88001F7
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88001FD MSG_NORMAL '"H-h-he's dead.\p[.]\p[.]\p[.]\p[.]..."
special 0x114
applymovement MOVE_CAMERA 0x8800218
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880021E MSG_NORMAL '"[.]\p[.]\p[.]\pW-w-well I should s..."
setvar 0x5000 0x2
release
end

Right?

And then make sure you follow this tut to fix the map script offset:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I see what I did wrong. |:o I put the setvar thing last on the script (the first one). Well, thanks again Medapod! I'll try this when I get home (schoolcomputer that's crappy as hell <_________<)

Years
Is there a way to permanently hide a person after a flag is set? So that every time you enter that map, the person is never there?

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
It's still not working... here's the scripts:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have no idea what's wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back