• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tournament Team

Years
This is a team im making for a OU tournament coming up soon. This is a OU tournament that my friends is organising but it has some differnt rules. First all permo weather is banned so Ttar, Politoad, Ninetale and Abomasnow are all benned. Also your only allowed to have one legendary on your team e.g since I have a heatran I cant use a Terrakion as well. Those are the basically the rules of the tournament. Anyway this is the team im using and I definly need some advice/help to make it better so feel free to make suggestions and anything you think will help this team

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EV's: 248HP/100SpDef/100Spd
Calm Nature (+SpDef -Atk)
Stealth Rock
Lava Plume
Protect
Roar

Heatran provides great synergy with this team. Flash fire lets him absorb those fire attacks that Scizor and Forretress hate and also has a handy 4x resist to ice to help out Dragonite. Stealth Rock's are there for entry hazzard purposes, Lava plume for stab + the 30% chance of burn is helpul at time protect to scout certain pokemon and Roar to phaze and rack up entry hazzard damage.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Multiscale
EV's: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extreme Speed

Dragonite is my main sweeper. I usually try to send him out late game to finish the game. You all probably know what this guy does. Dragon dance to set up, Outrage for a powerful stab, Fire punch for steel's mainly Skarmory and Extreme speed for priority.

205.png

Forretress (M) @Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EV's: 252HP/176Def/80SpDef
Realaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

Forretress has 2 main roles. First is to set up spikes and possibly toxic spikes. The second is to keep Stealth Rocks off the field to make sure Dragonite has Multiscale in tact as well keep the rest of the team helpful. I went for a more physical defensive Ev spread since Heatran more specially orintated. Gyro Ball is there for a an attacking option that can actually deal some damage.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Technician
EV's: 248HP/252Atk/8Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Choice Banded Scizor. You all probably know what this guy does. I chose Scizor for his powerful priority and also since he keeps Terrakion in check somewhat. U-Turn is good for offensive momentum + scounting, Bullet punch for priority, superpower for coverage and pursuit to trap a few threats such as Gengar and any Latios thats choice locked or lack hidden power fire.

479-wash.png

Rotom-W (F) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EV's: 252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP
Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power (Fire)
Trick

Rotom-w compets the Volt-Turn combo wile also proving a good member on this team. I chose the scarf varient because it out speed a lot of theats as still hitting hard. Volt switch for scouting and offensive momentum, Hydro pump for a powerful stab option, Hidden power fire for Ferrothorn and other fire weak pokemon and Trick to hopefully cripple a pokemon.

579.png

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Magic Guard
EV's: 252HP/252Def/4SpAtk
Bold (+Def -Atk)
Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast
Recover

Reuniclus is my other main sweeper who can devistate team once his counters are gone. The Ev spread allows him to take many physical hits and set up. After a few calm minds Reuniclus becomes very hard to take down. Psychic is for a powerful stab and since he can beat Blissey one on one its a better option than psyshock. Focus blast for coverage and recover to stay healthy and can be great to help set up.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
depending on how confident you are in heatrans speed i would say get rid of roar unless youre going to scarf it, which just locks it into roar
if youre going for a stall team with 2 sweepers i suggest getting a poke like swampert to replace one of the bugs
rotoms defence dosent seem to great either so you may want to focus sash it

Last edited:
Back