• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Asterion

GTV

Banned
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    *UPDATE*

I have extended the number of Pokémon, so would you guys want me to add Fakemon or Gen IV+ Pokémon?

please add gen 6 fairy types, I love spritzee!

it dont need any special story we just want new maps new region new gym new hero new evil team thats all it need

if there's no storyline then the game is meaningless and ppl won't play it, thus it becomes a statistic like the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I'm glad to see a hack where nothing important happens, rather the player just goes on an adventure
    It's supre cool that you're making your own composed music in the hack, and the hack itself looks good
    You have a specific tileset, a bit dark-ish, be careful when picking tilesets for other ocasions, make sure they fit the one you're using
    Also, from the screenshots, your mapping doesn't seem to be the best, everything's in lines and stuff (harder to make my point than it seems xD) You should try a more natural mapping style, and in caves avoid scenarios where the player sees nothing but floor
    If that's how you like though, at least put some rocks down :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    If your trying to get others to play this hack, i'd suggest that you come up with a very good story. A simple Pokemon story won't do.

Miikroniix

Hopeful Hacker
    Years
  • If your trying to get others to play this hack, i'd suggest that you come up with a very good story. A simple Pokemon story won't do.

I would have to disagree. Light Platinum was elected Hack of the Year, and to be honest, it didn't really have a story. Yes, there was Team Steam, but (in my opinion) adding an evil Team doesn't really make a story anymore than having gyms an the Elite Four does.

However yeah, I think an evil Team would be a good addition, having a team makes it feel like it's more of an actual Pokemon game. And Rivals... you just gotta have rival :D. They're awesome.

Hack looks really good so far! Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I would have to disagree. Light Platinum was elected Hack of the Year, and to be honest, it didn't really have a story. Yes, there was Team Steam, but (in my opinion) adding an evil Team doesn't really make a story anymore than having gyms an the Elite Four does.

However yeah, I think an evil Team would be a good addition, having a team makes it feel like it's more of an actual Pokemon game. And Rivals... you just gotta have rival :D. They're awesome.

Hack looks really good so far! Keep up the great work!

Light Platinum did in fact have a story. As in Team Steam. BUT the think that stood out the most about Light [platinum was the Graphics, scripting, and addition of another region. Here he says it's just a simple Pokemon Story. Usually people play hacks that are are no where near regular 'Pokemon Games'. I could be wrong in the future, but for now I think this game is in some way similar to Firered/LeafGreen. We will just have to see as development continues.

Miikroniix

Hopeful Hacker
    Years
  • I guess it really depends on what you like about the Pokemon game. My favorite part is simply building a team and seeing what Pokemon I can use, and then seeing how I can beat the gyms and Elite Fours. So the Team Steam thing to me... it was just part of leveling up I guess (oh and you get the Zorua, so that's cool)

I guess what I meant was like... sometimes the evil Team doesn't really add a huge story. (cough cough Red and Blue cough cough)
    Though ya I understand what you mean.

So I guess a no story hack would be good for players who are like me.

Reactions: GTV
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I would play this game without a complicated story. I'm excited to see that you're adding new Pokemon. I would vote for the Litwick line to be added, and the Kalos starters if you can manage it.

Back