• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Shadow

Years
  • Could someone who knows how the battle system work please help
    me to get it to work in my game???

Years
  • Ok.. There are a few options..
    Option 1: open rm2k3, open your project. Copy all of your maps, then open the battle system and paste them all. You will then need to go to your project directory and copy all of the files (any gfx of course) and paste them in the battle system's directory but do NOT overwrite any of the files.. And lastly if you have any common events/etc (anything that's in the database folder like animations) then copy them all and put them in the battle system. Don't overwrite anything of the battle system. You will however lose all of the variable names from yor project.. To get them back you just open your old project and look at the variable names.. Then write them down and go back to your new game and re-name them. -This is the preferred method because then you don't have problems occuring when you did something to the battle system while transferring it.

Option 2: open rm2k3, open the battle sys project. Copy all of the maps, then open the your project and paste them all. You will then need to go to the battle sys project directory and copy all of the files (any gfx of course) and paste them in the your project's directory.. And lastly with common events/etc (anything that's in the database folder like animations) then copy them all and put them in the your project. You will however lose all of the variable names from the battle system.. To get them back you just open the battle sys and look at the variable names.. Then write them down and go back to your game and re-name them.
    I really don't want to say that again..

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Ok.. There are a few options..
    Option 1: open rm2k3, open your project. Copy all of your maps, then open the battle system and paste them all. You will then need to go to your project directory and copy all of the files (any gfx of course) and paste them in the battle system's directory but do NOT overwrite any of the files.. And lastly if you have any common events/etc (anything that's in the database folder like animations) then copy them all and put them in the battle system. Don't overwrite anything of the battle system. You will however lose all of the variable names from yor project.. To get them back you just open your old project and look at the variable names.. Then write them down and go back to your new game and re-name them. -This is the preferred method because then you don't have problems occuring when you did something to the battle system while transferring it.

Option 2: open rm2k3, open the battle sys project. Copy all of the maps, then open the your project and paste them all. You will then need to go to the battle sys project directory and copy all of the files (any gfx of course) and paste them in the your project's directory.. And lastly with common events/etc (anything that's in the database folder like animations) then copy them all and put them in the your project. You will however lose all of the variable names from the battle system.. To get them back you just open the battle sys and look at the variable names.. Then write them down and go back to your game and re-name them.
    I really don't want to say that again..

whoah......i actually understood that....
    lol

Xear

Rylinated
    Years
  • Great job with the game.
    I?m looking forward to some new updates.
    This game?s going to be great success!

By the way, congratulations for being the game of the month!

Years
  • I didn't know if I could post in the Moderator's Choice Award thread! So
    I'm
    writing it here!

I just wanted to say I'm very happy that it got the award!
    But I was also a little suprised, cause I had never expected it!
    But, as I said I'm very happy!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • pkmn310 said:
    I didn't know if I could post in the Moderator's Choice Award thread! So
    I'm
    writing it here!

I just wanted to say I'm very happy that it got the award!
    But I was also a little suprised, cause I had never expected it!
    But, as I sad I'm very happy!!!!! :D :D :D :D
    congarulation!
    how is the game progress?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Yeah, I downloaded the demo, I can see why it was voted. Can't wait for the finished version, it's gonna be sweet :-) Just fix up your spelling mistakes, and you have a winner of a game.

Years
  • I haven't done to many new maps, cause I've been busy
    programming all the battles and the pokemon selection.
    But I'm working hard to get it to work!

Years
  • I was wondering if some people would like to help me with Pokemon Shadow.
    Why you ask? I find it very difficult to make the game by myself and
    I really need someone to help me with the battle system.
    If some people would help the game could be done much faster.
    These are the things available:

1 spriters

1 map makers

1 event makers

1 help making the battle system

2 game testers

Filled places:

1 Sprite maker (tom555)

1 Event maker (tom555)

1 map makers (me)

1 help making the battle system (me)

If you want to be a spriter or a map maker show me some of your work.

If you want to be a event maker or help making the battle system tell me what you can do on Rm2k(3)

Sarck45

Linkin Park Rulez
    Years
  • Event makers?
    what's the meaning?
    maybe i can do this...
    the game looks awasome!!!!
    i downloaded it and im goin to play right now...
    can i be gym leader or one of team rocket leaders?
    plz!!
    i have cool sprite for the rocket one... XD

Back