• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cries of the Other Side OOC

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Cries from the Other Side [PG-16]

I write these letters... in hopes that anyone can answer my plea. My world... it is dying. The sky has forgotten sunrise. The inhabitants are falling, falling to this strange song and slipping into the most bloodstained of madness. My world is tearing itself apart. If this goes on... both our worlds will die. I can not stop her any longer. By the time you read this I am certain she will have captured or killed me. The creature who carried this to you is a Pokemon. In that egg with it is also a Pokemon. Please, with these two, please fight to protect our worlds. Please... end my sister's life before the Gods raise her up to immortality.

Child of Wishes, Aiko

Plot: Earth and the Pokemon World have coexisted for many many centuries, the Pokemon World unknown to many of Earth's inhabitants. Strange events have been happening recently around the globe however, many to do with weather. People have been killed or injured and the scientists are utterly baffled. As you struggle to make sense of this, something falls from the sky into your arms. It is called a Pokemon and it is carrying a letter and an egg. A Legendary has been chosen to assist you in stopping the destruction of the worlds. You must make your way to the Pokemon World and defeat the person who caused this destruction. Hopefully you will be able to find the writer of this letter, Aiko, as well before it's too late. But you have a limited time. Your enemy is close to complete victory.

(I will not reveal where you will be in the Pokemon World yet.)

Anyway, the rules of this:

1) Abide by PC conduct.
2) Avoid spamming. (Naturally)
3) The rating is there for a reason. Please make sure to keep with it.
4) Godmodding is forbidden.
5) Any questions and concerns can be PMed to me.
6) You may have up to two characters. If you have two SUs, you may take longer in bringing them in.
7) Remain as active as possible and inform me of long breaks. I will attempt the same.
8) Think of this as a story, so that means good details and realistic speech patterns, accents, stutters, mumbles and such approved of. So keep with good grammar and don't use text speak (unless writing a cell phone conversation). I understand a few mistakes. I make them all the time, but keep it relatively low.
9) Posts must be a paragraph long at least, which means 3-8 sentences in my book. The only exception is conversation. Though for that I would suggest (you don't have to) talking it over with your other poster beforehand. Saves a bit of time.
10) Unless you give a good reason to have a longer delay, reserves have three days to turn their profiles in. And any changes can be made after initial complete posting. If you start the SU and post it you have twenty four hours to complete it unless you give a good reason for a longer time.
11) There are ten spots open.
12) I am now allowing Gen V Pokemon as your choices, including the legendaries. That also goes to the movesets.
13) Have fun everybody! I made this for people to enjoy!

You have two chances to follow these rules. At the third, I kick you out.

Legendaries to be picked:

Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Spoiler:

OOC thread is here, repost your SU if you would like. I will do so later on.

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Name: Lodovico "Vico" Silvio

Physical Appearance: Vico is about 5"4 feet tall. His physique is somewhere between thin and average, leaning closer to average. His arms are also quite small, not quite skin and bones, but noticeable. His hands are also smooth as a babies booty. This would probably be due to the manual work he would do. His skin is rather pale shade, as if he needed a tan. His hair is jet black, moderately short and rather straight. It also points out in the middle at the top. Vico also makes sure it doesn't sag onto his face at all. He needs his physical appearance to stay as perfect as it can be. And finally, his eyes are a dark shade of brown.

On the clothes side of things, Vico is wearing comfortable, black jeans. He would never think of letting them sag so he always wears a nice, black, belt to keep it from going down too low. His sneakers are both black and white, they were both comfortable and still functional in not breaking down. His socks go just above his ankles and are eggshell white. His outfit is completed with a polo shirt. One that is horizontally striped and flips between beige and white. It also has the number 57 over the heart area in a simple font. It's as long as any average T-shirt. He'll always have his collar down and it buttoned all the way up.

History: Vico was born and raised in a nice, higher-middle class house. His younger childhood was always happy, filled with joy and life seemed sweet as honey. It felt like retirement about seventy or so years early. Vico was also the was the fourth of four children. They were all quite successful in what they did. Always getting As, bringing home trophies, always being that sort of ideal family that you always wish your apart of because it would seem nice. Being the the last of several, highly successful siblings, he always felt that he had a goal in life, a goal that he needed to meet before his life ends.

A goal which he decided not just to meet, but to surpass, 10 fold. He was always determined from his goal of wanting to reach the high level of his siblings. That level of meeting perfection, and then finding a way, some way to get above perfection. And to get there, a single mistake would do nothing other than hold him down, so he always made sure that he would get used to making sure everything around him is perfect and that he takes any precautions to make sure it stays that way. But going to school in pre-teens, he saw that perfection wasn't in the minds of everyone so he always took it upon himself to make sure things stayed perfect. And honestly, it seemed like he was on his way. He was no disgrace to his family, he always tried and he always succeeded. He felt as if victory would always be a stone's throw away.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He doesn't like failing and will make sure that all necessary precautions are taken so that things can be as good as they can possibly be. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. This ties in with his perfectionism, he will put his sweat, blood and tears into things. When he starts something he always makes sure to finish it. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He always tries to find new and creative ways to solve his problems so that everything he does can be, you guessed it, perfect.

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Although he does like things to be perfect, this has caused him to always want to take the helm and make sure no one does anything wrong. Also, he's pretty cocky and a little pretentious. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He'll always expect that victory will always be right in his fingertips. He's also a bit of a snoop. He's always trying to act like Sherlock Holmes at any given interval. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not.

Colour of Soul(s): Mint

Legendary: Zapdos

Weapon: Heavy-Duty Rake

Pokemon: Numel

Nickname: Lumlum

Personality: Lumlum doesn't really think much about things. If everyone follows a strange noise or something, he won't be too eager to go. He'll just lie on his belly and wait there. However, if e also has a short fuse, even for a fire type Pokemon. If something tiny happens to him that will anger him even the , he'll flip out in a fit of rage. If, say, an Oran Berry falls from a tree and hits his head, he'll use Ember and burn the tree to a crisp. But Lumlum, being simple minded, has simple pleasures. He doesn't need to work hard to be happy. He'll easily grin ear to ear just from having a simple lunch, lying down on his belly. He's also quite the nice Pokemon. Considering the simple mind he has, he doesn't expect people to make him mad or anything. He's always trusting and kind in what he does.

Legendary: Zapdos

Nickname: N/A

Personality: Zapdos acts as though the world is already in debt to it. It acts as though you broke something of hers and you still owe it. It will treat new people with no real respect until they've proven themselves to it. It also isn't the most polite person. Zapdos is obnoxious and it doesn't really care. But it still claims to be the best thing ever. But, when Zapdos does like you, it won't be unbearable. It still might be a bit mean, but it will apologize and try to be nice. But it still does just try.

RP Sample: Temperature, 110/45 degrees. Humidity, 87%. Heat, unbearable. Mankind was not meant to experience heat of this magnitude. The meteorologist says this has to do with the aberrant weather patterns the entire world is experiencing. Typhoons and hurricanes happening where it once was impossible, floods in one place, droughts in others, lightning storms, earthquakes, humanity is gonna fall apart at this rate. You can see it everywhere. People without AC flood to the streets, public pools have become godsends, heat strokes are happening by the dozens and umbrellas are everywhere. I take the cold water bottle I have off of my neck and take a short but soothing drink. The feeling of the cold rushing through my body took the horrible, siring pain of the sun away for a few moments. I hate walking from school.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Pixy Guy you are accepted. We are actually going to start soon, possibly tomorrow.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Just a quick question in relation to the next post- what's the current date? Like, day/month/year.

Also, would you like me to repost my SU here as well?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
If you'd like to repost your SU that's just fine and the date is 12/5/2010 so it's spring. :3 Hope that helps

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Two things Fuyu:

1) This [OOC] thread is titled Cries of the other side...?
2) I don't know when I'll be able to post my second post... but I'll type it up so that way I can immediately post it when I get the chance.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
1) Yeah that was a typo I've just chosen not to change. Sorry for the confusion ^^.

2) No worries, I need to post mine anyway. Haven't been able to due to glitchy computer.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeah you still can. I just haven't mentioned how screwed up my computer is. Sorry RPers.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
One Question in regards to next post: Are we to receive the instructions from the email beforehand, or make it up?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
That would be in the post after this one. Once everybody replies to how they're going to proceed, I'll show the second post.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Name: Skylar(Sky) Destan

Appearance: Sky's hair is colored silver, a color that he recieved from niether of his parents, and was only thought to be a mutation of some kind. He often lets his hair grow until it covers his left eye, as well as his ear. His eyes, as some people comment, resemble the deeper area's of the ocean, and thus, is a deep shade of blue. His body frame is about average size for his age, and he is moderately built. His skin color is slightly tanned.

For his regular cloathing, he would wear an unzipped hoodie, preferably red, with a white T-shirt that bears a random graffiti image. On his hands, he wears black gloves. His jeans are colored a shade of black, and bear a design of blue flames on the lower legs of his jeans. His shoes are black basketball shoes.

History: Sky has always led a complicated life, well at least others think it too complicated to understand. He belongs to a very rich family, but seems not to take any intrest in his parents work or them. He goes to a normal high school and keeps his GPA a 3.0, only annoying his parents. They know he could become the CEO of a giant corperation, and even his peers know and admit it, even though they might hate it. Sky turns his attentions to drawing and reading, which annoy his parents to no end.

Thoughout his life, Sky could never shake off the feeling that life, or rather, the world itself was fake or boring, not real. He would sometimes sit alone in a park or some non populated area and try to come up with some different crazy ideas as to what exactly could be out there. He also seemed to like old sidearms, his favorite being the revolver. Against his parent's will, he bought a BB gun in the form of a revolver. He practices with this weapon very frequently and thus, has close to perfect aim, almost never missing even the smallest target.

Personality: Sky posses a very laid back, cool headed personality. His ability to brush off what others say to him greatly contributes to that. He does however have a limit, as do all people, and it would be better if it was never reached. For those who do not get scared off by his weirdness, he becomes friends very quickly, not caring too much about the type of person they are. Still, he retains a sense of lonliness, feeling as no one he knows truly understands him.

Colors Of Soul: Deep Blue, Bright Gold.

Legendary(s): Latios and Latias

Weapon: BB Revolver

Pokemon: Riolu

Pokemon Nickname: Rio(Reeyo)
Personality: Rio shares Skylar's laid back personality, but also has his own eagerness. He loves training and fighting other pokemon, and sometimes has to be restrained by Sky. He has a huge appetite, his stomach acting as if it was a bottomless pit. He is also somewhat protective of Sky, but doesn't hold him back too much, as he wouldn't want to be held back himself.

Moveset: Blaze Kick, Endure, Quick Attack, Counter

Legendary: Latios
Personality: Latios can be pretty quiet when around strangers. He posseses an indifferent mood most of the time and likes to avoid conflicts. However, he is very protective of his sister, and Skylar, and reacts viciously to those who would try to harm either of them.

Legendary: Latias
Personality: Latios is the exact opposite of her brother, and posseses a very outgoing personality. She loves to make friends with people, and is very affectionate. She, also like her brother, is not fond of fighting, but will if she feels she must.

RP sample: -It was a cool fall evening, the smooth breeze floating through the window, and lightly touching the faces of the teenagers in Math class. Among the group, one silver haired boy sat in his seat, with his head turned so he could see out through the clean plexiglass that acted as a barrier.He sighed slightly, and pushed the hair covering his left eye, clearing his vision for a half second before the hair returned to conceal the eye. A slight frown covered his face as he took his eyes away from the window and looked at the detailed drawing of a revolver, his to be exact. It wasn't real of course, since he was prohibited by law from carrying any firearms at his current age.

The barrel was slightly crooked and the shading was unrealistic. sighing he picked up his pencil, eyeing the worn eraser before correcting his mistake. After doing this, he put his head down on his desk, annoyed that his parents had forced him to go the jail known as school once again. A light nudge from the person next to him cause him to sigh and look up, only to meet the glare of his math teacher, Mr. Wasen.-

"Well Mr.Destan, since you obviously think you have X-ray vision to see through your arms and sleeves to the board, and have been listening to everything I have explained, how about you answer this problem." Said Wasen in a controlled but still angry tone.

"How about 56.8 Wasen?" Said Skylar without looking up. Mr. Wasen straightened his glasses with a triumphant look on his face as he began to speak.
"Actually, you're wrong, and so you get to spend time with Mrs. McCoy in dete-" He paused, looking back at the equation and then to Sky again, this time a deep frown on his face.

"Actually... it seems you are correct, Skylar..." Sky sat up and then leaned his chair backwards, pointing a finger at Wasen.
"So now, you have detention." said Skylar grinning. Someone else in the class snickered, causing the whole room to erupt into laughter. Sky stood up and slung his bag across his shoulder.

"I'm just gonna go home now." said Sky, already cracking the door open. "I will be sure to notify your parents Mr. Destan, and well as explain your behavior in class today." Wasen retorted. Sky looked back at Wasen with a questioning look on his face.
"That's good for you. I'm sure you will also tell them about how you made a mistake on one of the easiest trig questions in history, right?"

-Sky left the room, silently afterward, and quickly walked through the hallways of his highschool, reading the mental map he had made over the years after exploring it a bit. As he kicked open the door leading outside, he took a deep breath of the fresh air, pulling out a mini bottle of water he kept in his bag, emptying the entire bottle in one go. He then proceded to walk down the sidewalk, turning his head to the sky. His questions about the world began to appear in his mind, and refused to dissapear no matter how much he wanted them to, and he silently continued down the street, pondering the questions who's answers seemed to evade him no matter how much he wanted to find them.-

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Heya! We have: Manaphy, Shaymin,Heatran, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Darkrai, Cresselia, and I believe Ho-oh.

Edit: You're fine Sky. Accepted.

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Sorry I haven't been posting, I always forget :P

Is the RP still open?

Back