• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon TCG Randomizer

Years
  • The TCG Randomizer is a tool that allows you to randomize certain aspects of the Gameboy Color's Pokemon TCG.

In particular, the TCG Randomizer will let you randomize Pokemon card data. This includes HP, weakness(es) / resistance(s), retreat cost, and moves between same type Pokemon cards, with various customizable options.

This is the first release of the TCG Randomizer. It's still a work in progress and if everything goes as expected I will be working in more features in the near future.

For more information and source code see:https://github.com/xCrystal/TCGRandomizer#tcgrandomizer

window.png

Attachments

• TCGRandomizer.zip
      44.5 KB · Views: 133
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Thanks for this !
    After seeing the TCG Randomizer from the same guy as the 721 Red project, i wanted to find a randomizer with more options. This one is really cool.

Any way to randomize evolutions ? If you don't randomize Moves / Types etc you can have nice surprises !

Years
  • Thanks for this !
    After seeing the TCG Randomizer from the same guy as the 721 Red project, i wanted to find a randomizer with more options. This one is really cool.

Any way to randomize evolutions ? If you don't randomize Moves / Types etc you can have nice surprises !

Thanks for the feedback! I have some other stuff to work on now but I hope to be able to get back to this project sometime next month. I do have randomizing moves / types and decks planned out, as well as to fix a few pending issues. Randomizing evolutions is something I hadn't thought about but could certainly turn out interesting so I will consider it. Stay tuned! :)

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Have you considered randomizing the deck lists? Like replace every instance of a card in an opponent's deck with a same stage, same type card? That could make for some interesting twists in the basic gameplay. So a list starting like this:
    Spoiler:

might be RNG'ed into this:
    Spoiler:

Randomizers that make comparison-based judgments are always fun since they can produce a game that feels well-thought out, but is ultimately still unpredictable.

You may already be planning something similar, but I recall seeing another TCG Randomizer that just shuffled decks from one opponent to another. A nice touch, but it doesn't actually add any new decks to play against.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes, I had though about it, and all things considered it's one of the more doable things at the moment until the duel engine is further reverse engineered. I had also thought about adding the option to randomize the duel theme (type(s) of cards that make up the deck) as well as the option to randomize the starter decks and the cards available in each booster pack. If I get back to the randomizer anytime soon, I'll probably focus on these things. For now my "pokemon tcg time" is being dedicated to investigating the game a bit and contributing to the poketcg disassembly though.

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    WHOOOOAA! This is amazing!!! Such an awesome tool... It would also be awesome if it could randomize the cards you get in a pack!

Back