• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the least used generation of Pokemon

Years
  • Taking all four generations into account, which generation would you say is the most popular, and which would you say is the least - not in the sense of which generation you like least, but the one you use least.

I probably use 3rd generation the most but I use 2nd generation the least. There are many 2nd generation pokémon ive almost forgot

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Yeah, I have to agree that 2nd generation Pokemon is used the least.
    Most popular... I guess would be 4th generation... Like that Yanmega :X

Years
  • to be honest, i can only remember about 80% of the 493 pokémon offhand... because evolutions always stump me

i wish there would be a remake of gold and silver because it would bring back 2nd generation

the best name would be "silver dawn" and "gold dusk" because it

no. 1) is like fire red and leaf green, bringing in a new word to change the name slightly

no. 2) it is reminiscent of the day/night system which g/s introduced

no. 3) silver dawn sounds awesome and "gold dusk" sounds like "gold dust"

sorry for divulging but hey

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I think it's probably Hoenn as far as standard battling's concerned. From the third gen, we really only use some three Pokemon (Salamence, Metagross, and Swampert). I can name at least five from the other gens off the top of my head.

Kanto: Starmie, Gengar, Gyarados, Zapdos, Dugtrio.

Johto: Heracross, Blissey, Tyranitar, Suicune, Skarmory.

Sinnoh: Garchomp, Bronzong, Infernape, Lucario, Hippowdon.

charblaze

Charmander
    Years
  • the least is probably 2nd gen cuz it was only crystal/gold/silver and honestly no one ever picked those up

and 1st is probably more used since it was the first pokemon game (it was big back then) and they brought it back up in firered and leafgreen

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I prefer the second generation, but sadly, they are underused. With Infernape, Porygon-Z, Garchomp, Empoleon, Blaziken, Regigigigas, and all the other guys running around, people have found lesser need for Johto buddies. </3

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Yeah, Gen II species are underused. My personal team comprises solely of Gen IIs (with the exception of Dragonair & Lapras) though, so I guess I'm an exception. I think Gen I is underused the most though. The most commonly used species from the first gen are Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, Raichu, and the the Legendaries (maybe an Alakazam somewhere) but otherwise abandoned. Gen IV is suprisingly popular though. I thought the most of the new species were just Game Freak running out of ideas, with 2 exceptions: Lucario & Shaymin. So here's the rundown:

Most Used personally: Gen II
    Most Used by others: Gen IV
    Most Underused: Gen I

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • the least is probably 2nd gen cuz it was only crystal/gold/silver and honestly no one ever picked those up

and 1st is probably more used since it was the first pokemon game (it was big back then) and they brought it back up in firered and leafgreen
    How can you honestly say no-one ever picked those games up...?

I know more people who have played those games than the originals...

The only reason I see for not using 2nd gen as much, is because of the absence of a modern remake of it...

Back