• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Some questions about EBS

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Hi, I had a few questions about EBS before implementing it to my fan-game.
    1-What is the latest release of EBS ? The only one which can be found on Pokecommunity is the 2015 version, is it the latest ? Is there any new version planned ?
    2-Can you use EBS without the animated sprites ? For example, I made some alternative forms of Pokemons (essentially recolorations) and I'm too lazy to make them "compatible" with EBS and since I'm not willing to get every sprites animated but 3 or 4 it is not an option for me to make all the sprites static (it would take too much time). So is there a way to use the compatible pokemon essentials sprites with EBS (I mean the ones which are used by default bu pokemon essential ? Or can you implement the whole script besides the one who actually changes the battlers ?
    3-Are regular essentials attack animations compatible with EBS ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. I am not sure what the latest version is, but you can grab the last release before the project was discontinued here.
    https://resources.luka-sj.com/
    To my knowledge there is going to be a port of EBS to Pokemon Essentials v18 when it is released. Although I am unsure if this will just be a port of the last version of EBS or if anything new will be added.

2. You can use static sprites instead of animated ones, simply replace the animated sprites in your graphics folder with the non-animated version you wish to use.

3. They should be, by default the camera might move during the attack animation, but you should still be able to use any attacking animation you want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Thanks for the answer ! But just to make sure, when you say "the static sprites" you mean the ones that are used by default by pokemon essentials right ?

Years
  • Static sprites are just sprites that don't have an animation to them. They can be the ones in the default Pokemon Essentials, or custom sprites as long as the height of the sprite is the same as the width of the sprite. In stock Essentials it is 160x160 (80x80 upscaled).

Back