• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Collaboration!

Mylabugz

Mylakip
Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2017
    I just got my capture board for my 3ds and I'm super excited, but I'm still learning how to use it. I would love to play with someone who has a 3ds and can record and especially love to play a pokemon game. I don't know where else to put this, but here because I want to have some video game entertainment with someone.

If you have video collabed before do you have any advice? What was your experience like? I hope to find a learning and enjoyable experience out of this, is that possible with video collabing?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I don't know anything about recording 3DS, but recording and video collage can be really fun. It's actually kinda difficult to play by yourself, and I would recommend playing with someone else or having another commentator. (Advice courtesy of welsknight)

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Even though I don't own a 3DS, I've been recording PC gaming videos since 2005. It depends on how passionate you are, but it can be very rewarding if you utilize it the right way. It isn't just 3DS recording - goes towards all other gaming systems, too.

For the record, a majority of my YouTube channel involves gaming, and I sure as hell am enjoying it.

Mylabugz

Mylakip
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2017
    Thanks for the advice both of you. It sounds like fun, but only if I play with someone I can handle being around for more than an hour.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • I've collaborated with people a couple times. There are some things you need to do it well, though.

1.) A decent microphone. Personally, I use a CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Mic. It runs about $45 on Amazon, and it's plug and play.
    2.) Recording software for both audio and video. I'm pretty sure the capture board for 3DS comes with its own recording software for the gameplay footage and game audio. I highly recommend Audacity for recording your commentary audio. It's free, full-featured, and reasonably easy to use (although you'll probably want to watch some tutorials on Youtube).
    3.) Skype, Mumble, or a similar group-conversation program (unless you're collaborating with someone you know IRL, and can actually be in a room with).
    4.) A way to get the audio from your group conversation into Audacity. Personally, I use a program called VoiceMeeter, which is free.
    5.) Video editing software that doesn't suck. Sony Movie Studio 13 is fairly inexpensive, and has all the features you need. If you can't afford it, Liteworks is free program that will do what you need it to (but it's hard to learn).
    6.) A game that is co-commentary friendly. In my opinion, Pokemon really isn't, unless you're battling the other person you're collaborating with.

If you have specific questions, feel free to add me on Skype (Welsknight), and I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. :)

Mylabugz

Mylakip
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2017
    Well I guess I just have to find somebody to play with. Mission: Meet new people :D

Back