• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need help adding new pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    I've searched for ages just to find out how to add gen IV and gen V pokemon to pokemon emerald rom hacks, yet the only answer I've gotten so far was some links to tutorial forums without even leading directly to the correct one. I've seen that SBird seems to be part of this whole expanding the pokedex thing, but of course the search system cant just send me directly to his account or anything, no, it has to send me to topics made by totally different people. If you can pick up my tone through text somehow, you know that I'm not a fan of spending 2 days getting rom hacking tools just to find that nobody can tell me how to add some stupid pokemon from later generations.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Well, you can find ROM 'base' files other people have made, which already add most if not all of the later gen pokes to older gba era games, if that is any help in your search.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Well, you can find ROM 'base' files other people have made, which already add most if not all of the later gen pokes to older gba era games, if that is any help in your search.

Yeah, I've found a few, but they seem to be missing downloads or don't live up to expectations. (P.s I like your profile pic)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Yeah, I've found a few, but they seem to be missing downloads or don't live up to expectations. (P.s I like your profile pic)

Yeah, that can be pretty annoying.
    For me, none of the bases are perfect, but the work involved to add a lot of pokes is time consuming, to do it yourself (getting all the sprites, entering all the move and stat and evolution data).

Unfortunately I personally only know about FireRed base I am using right now for a hack.

On these forums there have been a few good rom bases uploaded, so you could narrow the search and cut out some time by searching threads here for an emerald base.

Back