• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please tweak my Zapdos EX Deck

ZapdosEX

Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2005
    Hi everyone. I've recently made a Zapdos ex deck. Can you please fix it, or suggest ways in which it can be improved? It is Modified format, btw. Thanks.

Pokemon (15):

4 Elekid (Sandstorm)
    4 Electrike (EX Deoxys, with Recharge attack)
    3 Manectric (EX Deoxys, Uncommon)
    1 Manectric ex (EX Deoxys)
    3 Zapdos ex (EX Fire Red and Leaf Green)

Energy (18):

18 Lightning Energy

Trainers (27):

4 Super Scoop Up
    4 Dual Ball
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Steven's Advice
    3 Pokemon Reversal
    3 Battle Frontier
    2 Rocket's Admin.
    2 Switch
    1 Crystal Shard
    1 Strength Charm
    1 Mr. Stone's Project

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    in Zap-Turn-Dos, there is NO need for Switch, as all Zappy should be sent to the bench whenever they are about to be KO'd. A couple of Lanette should help out a lot in this deck, as it can search out for basic ex's without a flip. It will greatly help with the consistancy of this deck. Everything else looks pretty good for the deck.

ZapdosEX

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks everyone. I'll replace the Switches with Lanettes and see how it goes. I'd like to have more energy in the deck, but I don't have space. I'd also like another Strength Charm somewhere, it proves useful.

Actually, I dropped a Dual Ball for another Lanette too. So I did

-2 Switch
    -1 Dual Ball
    +3 Lanette's Net Search

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    18 is more than enough for this deck. WAY more than enough for a good Zap deck. Most of the varients that I've seen run around 16 total energy.

ZapdosEX

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2005
    Do you think 3 Zapdos ex are enough? I'm kinda edgy to play 4 since I'm afraid that I'll start with a lone Zappy. In playtesting I found that 3 Zappies are okay at the start, but then the deck kinda crumbles down too quickly unless I win early.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    well, that's what happens with Zappy. You either win quick or lose slow. Either way, it's very painful.

ZapdosEX

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2005
    Okay I added another Zappy and dropped a Lightning, and the deck seems to have become much more consistent all of a sudden.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think you should drop down to 1 or 2 Zapdos and 1 to 3 Manetric. You should have Electricbuzz for your Elikid. Drop 1 Elikid or Electrike for different electric pokemon. I think 3 Zapdos and 4 Manetric are too much. Those pokemon are strong but take 3 or 4 turns till you can fight.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Look at the Recharge attack. Then look over Zapdos's Poke-POWER. Come back when you've figured it out.

Back