• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Exporting Games Question...

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2018
    Hello all! Thanks to everybody on here first of all for all the tips for making my own game with Pokemon essentials, I am still a long way from being able to call my game finished but I have a question before I get too deep I to using Pokemon essentials to make a game. Can the game I create be played easily by other people? For example if I make a Pokemon game using Pokemon essentials how will I be able to play it myself? Will I always have to open it using an rpgxp styled launcher or is there a way of being able to copy the game to be it's own file. For example if I wanted to let my brother play a game I made would I be able to email him the game file somehow and have it be playable by him on his computer? He would not have rpgxp at all on his computer. Also am I limited to just being able to play on pc? Can this be exported and run on another windows pc? A Linux distro on a pc? Android support? Sorry all I know I'm asking a lot of questions but any answers or links to answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks again everybody for all the help and tips on this site!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    I'm not sure where to find the tutorial on the new essentials wiki, but this video does a very good job covering how to share your game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2czac7Sfnpc

Basically, all you have to do is just compress your project into a .zip file and upload it to something like Google Drive, that way people can access it. You can also encrypt your data so that people aren't able to mess with any of the PBS files or edit the game themselves if they also happen to have RPGMaker, if you are worried about someone stealing your assets.

Also in order to play it, all you have to do is navigate your main folder and launch the Game.exe file. This is what everyone will use to play your game. Obviously in order for it to work, it needs all the other folders to be present or encrypted, otherwise it wont launch. You can't merely just send someone the .exe file and expect it to play your game, because it's just a launcher and nothing more.

Lastly, as far as I'm aware, Pokemon Essentials games can only be played and downloaded on PC, not mobile devices. I'm not really sure about other OS because I only use Windows, but I know it's possible on MAC you just have to do things a bit differently. I encourage you browse the new wiki, as it will answer most of your questions with just a little searching.

Last edited:
    Back