• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You had to unlock Mystery Gift w/a secret phrase.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the third and fourth generations (specifically D/P/PT in this case, I believe) of Pokémon, Mystery Gift/Mystery Event was not there by default. The phrases differ between versions.

In R/S, you need to talk to a woman in Petalburg City, and enter this phrase: MYSTERY EVENT IS EXCITING.
    In Emerald and FR/LG, you need to answer a questionnaire at any Pokemart, and enter this: LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL
    In D/P/PT, you need to speak to a man on the third floor of Jubilife TV and say: EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION

Unlocking Mystery Gift via a special phrase has been dropped as of HeartGold/SoulSilver, and has been available by default.

Did you bother to unlock Mystery Gift in these Pokémon games? I did, because I did go places to get event Pokémon back in the day during Generation IV. I still wonder why they made you input a phrase just to unlock the ability to receive special Pokémon, though.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I unlocked Mystery Gift since it was necessary for receiving event Pokemon, although I can't actually remember where I learned the secret phrase that unlocked the featured.

Back