• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [EM] Image Offset for trainer head in the fly map

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    Hi, I recently ended up looking at the town map of Pokémon Emerald and I saw that there's an image of the protagonist where he/she is actually located.
    I was wondering if someone had found where these images are located cause I've been spending a lot of time on unLZgba but without achieving any sort of success.
    Thanks for the help

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2019
    Do you know how to use the logging tool in VBA-M. If not its exactly how you can figure out what images are being loaded along with their tilemaps. Just turn on logging before the graphic is loaded and have the game run so that the image is on screen then go back to the logging screen and it should tell you every time an image is uncompressed and loaded and also its offset. Very handy

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2019
    But that only works for certain circumstances. Certain images that are not static and have movement will sometimes not be logged using that tool. In which case i haven't figured out how to find the routines for moving images and i believe involves a lot of hex deciphering and editing or knowledge on asm.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    Thanks but I figured out manually the offset searching byte by byte using tile molester for an indication of the location of the image and then using hex editor in order to find a pointer similar to the one I found using tyle molester.
    If anyone is interested they are:
    5A084C Male Player Face: 16x16 Pixel
    5A082C Male Player Palette
    5A08EC Female Player Face: 16x16 Pixel
    5A08CC Female Player Palette
    You can edit them using NSE and navigate to that offset

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    I need some help, for Fire Red... I can't edit the head properly using unLZ, it never gives me the right colors...

Back