• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for team members for a fakemon hack.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
  • Hi. So first of all, I am ASDBUDDY, you might have seen my previous hack Scarlet Blaze in one of the progressing hack section, i have decided to take up a short fakemon hack for production for the time being, since my main hack (Scarlet Blaze) is under an overhaul.

Let me introduce you to the basic ideology of the hack, I'll try to keep this as short and easy to understand as possible without giving too much away.

Ideology:

1.New region-like literally new region, recently discovered and inhabited.
    2.Divided into 7 sectors, each sector has a different biome, like snowy/swampy/autumny,etc.
    3.Each sector has fakemon exclusive to it.
    4.You can't catch fakemon in a sector until you beat the gym leader.
    (first sector doesnt have a gym leader)
    so this adds element of surprise since a gym leader only uses fakemon native to their sector and that would be the first time of that player seeing that fakemon, you dont know its typing,stats or movesets.

Now with that out of the way, lemme go over with what I have in process and what i would need from a member that would like to volunteer for help in production.

Progress:
    As of this thread's creation, i have a good amount of fakemon concepts and a few sketches done.
    I have two biome tilesets inserted and one sector almost fully mapped out.
    I have the story with basic plot and character personalities laid out.

MAPS:
    Spoiler:

Keep in mind this is a Firered ROM Hack.

What I need:

Somebody who could
    *Make sprites for the fakemons
    *Make sprites for the trainers
    Those being of the top priority help needed.

*insertion of tilesets and ASM routines
    Is not top priority but still a priority and very much appreciated.

if anybody else, who feels like they can contribute to the creation of this hack, in terms of fakemon ideas, scripting,mapping,music creation. Would be gladly taken in.

Keep in mind I am not looking for Beta testers at the moment.

Thank you for reading this and would anticipate release, because I do plan to release a beta by September at least.

Last edited:
    Back