• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Gif to Png Converter

Years
  • I am pretty aware that EBS System is no longer supported, but I am trying to put some gen 6 pokémon as sprite sheets, using the gifs from Smogon XY project. But when I run it, the animation is too fast, I tried several online gif to png converter, but I noticed that the Sprites Sheets from the EBS System is far more larger in bytes than the ones generated by those online tools. I looked for a while to find the GIF to PNG converter that were linked in the EBS System, but the link is no longer working. Does anyone know a Online tool or maybe a Plugin for Photoshop that is compatible with Essentials? Or maybe a link to that GIF to PNG converter?

Any help is welcome, haha

Years
  • I managed to do it, but the speed stills too fast, I wonder what makes the difference between the sprites sheets.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well, a normal .gif has a set time between each frame, so no matter where the .gif is seen, a certain frame will last the same amount of time. When you convert the image to .png, that information is lost, since most converters, if not all of them, only export the different frames of a .gif, and not their individual duration.

Maybe "Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)" has what you need. There's an already formatted battlers file available for download there, the Gen 6 kind.

Hope that was of help!

Years
  • It seens that the Sprites from this pack works just fine, with the animation speed as normal, but it all 3D, and I dislike the 3DS sprites, so I will try to fix the problem with the 2D sprites. It makes me think about, whats is the difference between those sprites sheets, is there some kind of property that you can change that makes the speed change?

I will also try to make changes in the script, maybe adding a condition if the pokedex number is above 649, to low the sprite speed, but I don't know exactly where to make the changes. (Still trying to figure what command is used to check a species number in the script)

But thanks anyway for the help.

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It seens that the Sprites from this pack works just fine, with the animation speed as normal, but it all 3D, and I dislike the 3DS sprites, so I will try to fix the problem with the 2D sprites. It makes me think about, whats is the difference between those sprites sheets, is there some kind of property that you can change that makes the speed change?

I will also try to make changes in the script, maybe adding a condition if the pokedex number is above 649, to low the sprite speed, but I don't know exactly where to make the changes. (Still trying to figure what command is used to check a species number in the script)

But thanks anyway for the help.

Well, you can also try to fiddle with the @speed variable in AnimatedBitmapWrappers

Back