• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Multiplayer into Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    This thread will cover how to insert direct connect into Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter.
    Since beta 12 part 1 has been released, I have been playing it. While playing it, I thought "wouldn't it be cool to have battle my friends in the game?" With a bit of work, I was able to get multiplayer working. You too can have multiplayer if you follow these steps.
    Warning: These steps are made for part 1 of beta 12. They may not work for future versions. Any save damage is not my responsibility.
    Also, for those who don't want to go through the steps, here is the download link to the patch:
    Spoiler:

Step 1: Get XSE and Advancemap 1.92. If you cannot run XSE for some reason, use a hex editing program. Adding scripts will not be in the steps, so if Advancemap 1.92 doesn't work, then you'll have
    to look elsewhere.
    Step 2: Patch Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter to a clean Firered rom.
    For XSE/Advancemap 1.92:
    Spoiler:

For Hex:
    Spoiler:

Links to scripts:

What the script does:
    -Adds direct connect with all the features.
    I have tested the direct connect, battle mode works at the least. To leave, change movement permission tiles, change the script or just use a walk through walls cheat. I may update the patch later to fix this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Well, I'll send him the link to this thread, but I'm pretty sure he knows how to do this. He probably removed the multiplayer due to the bugs it has.
    Bugs:
    a) Text doesn't show, player doesn't face correct direction. Probably easy to medium difficulty to fix.
    b) Mega evolution doesn't work in multiplayer. Unless he fixes the mega evolution script (medium-hard) or multiplayer (hard) it won't work. Of course, this is if he's using Touched's mega evolution script.

Me ranting of what I think he will do:
    Spoiler:

That said, it would be cool to see in the original rom hack.

Back