• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better card this time

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I'm not a good card maker exactly but the EX is down lower, The zapdos could have been darker a little, or more details.

What is the 1/169 thing for?

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
  • you should practice abit more before you start a set.. its good, but there are many erros.. make sure you compare your cards to real ones. get an idea of what looks off then continue your work. if you dont think it looks right chances are, its off.. take the extra couple minutes.. its worth it

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    thanks for the advice x24, that can help me alot actually:)

Firemaker I just made those numbers up, it's not like it's from a set of 169:laugh:

I wouldn't go that far even if I improved ALOT.

Now back to drawing board:cool:

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
    Years
  • well, I like the card a lot.
    as I looked at it briefly,
    I couldn't see any major errors,
    just little ones.

Name "Zapdos" is too low. "p" shouldn't cross that silver border.
    "ex" and "Zapdos" are not in line.
    it's Defending, not defending.
    it's Body, not BODY.
    I like the attack\body names.
    Zap Cannon is interesting. (and well balanced)
    the distance between energies seems not equal.
    the picture is quite creative (i hope you did it- not the original, but the effects)
    set symbol cool.
    maybe too high retreat cost. (but, that's subjective)

good work, really.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • You have the fonts almost great, but the placement could be much better... Also, I think there are some errors in the wording (some capitalization missing... and the word Pokémon has an "é"). The effects are also not correctly justified, since all lines end at a diferent distance form the border and some words are splitted.

I really don't like the last attack name... take the 100% or create a new attack name just for your card!

The art, I think it's very cool, but I can only see a Sugimori Zapdos in which was used the technique Mosaique on Photoshop.

Card: 8,2/10, you reached a level where the fonts count less and the placement count more. Also the wording, as I stated, could be better.
    Art: 8/10, the fact it seems a normal Zapdos (Sugimori) with effects on it makes a cool picture but take some pride. If you state it's not... I'll change the rating! Also, Pokémon-ex's picture should be 3D like!

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • No, EX Pokemon are 3D-like.

Anyways, the text justification needs work, and all other issues have been pointed out. 8/10.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Sugimori zapdos? I only use and edit my own images for my work, I drew that Zapdos.

Does my Zapdos look 3d like? i tried but i think it still looks 2d imho

Thanx Lunanai and Q-Fred, I had no idea the p crossed the border:P and the é thing i'll fix later LOL.

Back