• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Amazon Gift Card

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    No idea where else I had to post this.

I am currently in Spain and want to make use of Amazon here. As they only accept credit cards (which I don't have), I need to opt for an Amazon gift card. When I go to the Amazon gift card page, it only offers me regions US, UK, Canada, Germany and Austria. Every page specifies the conditions for use in their own region, but there's nothing about cross-usage with Amazon sites from other regions.

Does anyone know if I can use a 'German' Amazon gift card in the Spanish store? Or are the gifts region-locked or something? I know literally nothing about Amazon.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I gave a look at gift card regulations and apparently, they are indeed region locked; so you can't use a gift card that you bought on, let's say, amazon.es on amazon.de.
    Looks like you're out of luck. :(

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I gave a look at gift card regulations and apparently, they are indeed region locked; so you can't use a gift card that you bought on, let's say, amazon.es on amazon.de.
    Looks like you're out of luck. :(
    Noooo. ;-; Then I'll have to opt for the pre-paid credit cards. I'm reluctant of having a credit card or anything similar so I would've preferred this option to work.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Noooo. ;-; Then I'll have to opt for the pre-paid credit cards. I'm reluctant of having a credit card or anything similar so I would've preferred this option to work.

A vanilla visa gift card or anything similar is essentially the same thing as an amazon gift card or any other gift card, except you can use it in more than one place. As an added security bonus, none of your personal info gets linked to it, so if for some reason that number got compromised, you can just get a new one. You don't even have to reload it, you could just get a new one each time.

Back