• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] I'm Not Sure If I'm Doing Fadescreen and Playsong right

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Basically, my issue is this script won't work:

#dynamic 0x9CD34F

#org @start
    lock
    applymovement 0xFF @move1
    msgbox @mat55 0x6
    msgbox @mat56 0x6
    msgbox @mat57 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF @move2
    waitmovement 0x0
    fadescreen 0x1
    playsong 0x1C7 0x0
    pause 0x3520
    warp 0x0 0x76 0x0 0x0 0x0
    msgbox @mat58 0x6
    fadesong 0x1C7
    fadescreen 0x0
    msgbox @mat59 0x6
    release
    end

#org @move1
    #raw 0x09
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
    #raw 0x09
    #raw 0x09
    #raw 0xFE

The words and stuff of people are omitted because they don't really matter, I hope. What I want to happen is basically a faux-game over. The hero is basically being executed, and supposedly dies, but is rescued by a pokemon, and the game continues. If it's important, where it continues is Underwater. The issue is that after the song ends, nothing happens. The screen stays black, the messages don't display, I don't know if the warping works, because the screen stays black. I don't know if I need the pause in there; that's just the length of the end-credits song, assuming the conversion from pause units to seconds is actually 20:1.

I'm hacking Emerald.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it has something to do with warp?

You need to write seperate scripts for the original map and to the map where the player are warped into.
    You can't write down a script in one map then warp yourself to another warp and except the script will continue.

Not hacking Emerald
    In Firered, you need to use Type B Script in Advanced Map to make a script continue one another.
    Tutorial for it here
    I also encountered the same problem just a couple of weeks ago

Back