• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rotation Challenge

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
The Rotation Challenge
What is the Rotation Challenge?
The Rotation Challenge is a relatively difficult challenge depending on the pokemon you use. The idea is that you have your pokemon and go through the gyms, but there is a big twist: You may only use 1 pokemon per gym, meaning that if you have 3 pokemon, only 1 can be brought into a gym. The rotation part is what can make this very hard for some people. You may NOT use the same pokemon in 2 gyms in a row.
Rules
  • Only 1 pokemon can be used per gym, 6 can be used at the Elite 4 and Champion. (Two on Liza & Tate)
  • The same pokemon can NOT be used twice in a row (Ex.: If you use Mudkip on one gym, another pokemon has to be used on the fallowing gym.)
  • HM Slaves are allowed
  • Emulators are allowed
  • Cheating is not allowed
  • You may hack or cheat in the pokemon you want, (Max starting level of hacked pokemon is 5, must be at first evolution stage.)
  • Legendaries are NOT allowed
  • Pokemon must be from R/S/E generation (Hoenn dex)
  • You can not have 2 of the same pokemon

Ultimate Challenge
The Ultimate challenge is for those who don't think that this challenge is hard enough. If you so choose to do the Ultimate challenge, you will go through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald with the same team, and must use the same pokemon on the same gym (If you use Marshtomp on Flannery, you have to use Mashtomp on Flannery in all the others.). Those who complete this will be put under a special category and receive a free smiley face next to their name!

When your challenge ends
The end of your challenge is described differently for R/S and E
R/S: Beat Steven
E: Beat Steven (Meteor Falls)

Entry Form and other not as important rules
*If you do not have the ability to post pictures or videos of your progress, just describe everything with very good detail.

Entry Form:
Username-
Challenge Type: (Single or Ultimate)

My Entry:
Spoiler:

Participants
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Sounds interesting. I'll join, but I have a few questions first:

-One of the rules states that you can only use Pokemon "from the R/S/E generation". Does this mean that we can only use Generation III Pokemon, or does it mean that we can only use Pokemon that are in the Hoenn dex?

-Another rule states that "Only 1 Pokemon can be used per gym". However, Tate & Liza are a double battle, so you have to use two Pokemon against them.

Username: Luigi-San
Challenge Type: Single

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Sounds interesting. I'll join, but I have a few questions first:

-One of the rules states that you can only use Pokemon "from the R/S/E generation". Does this mean that we can only use Generation III Pokemon, or does it mean that we can only use Pokemon that are in the Hoenn dex?

-Another rule states that "Only 1 Pokemon can be used per gym". However, Tate & Liza are a double battle, so you have to use two Pokemon against them.

Username: Luigi-San
Challenge Type: Single

-Yes, only Pokemon in the Hoenn dex.
-Hmm..... forgot about that. So yeah, you can use two pokemon on them, only exception.
Thanks for telling me! I'll be more clear now!
Also, what game are you playing?

Years
I might do this when I have the time, just not at the moment. I already got too many challenges under my belt.

Years
-Yes, only Pokemon in the Hoenn dex.
-Hmm..... forgot about that. So yeah, you can use two pokemon on them, only exception.
Thanks for telling me! I'll be more clear now!
Also, what game are you playing?

No problem. And thanks for the clarification.

Also, I'm going to use Emerald.

Back