• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limitless

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Starring Bradly Cooper and Robert De Niro, this is what critics are expecting to be one of this years best films. It has been critically acclaimed also. However in my own experience of watching it, I feel that it simply doesn't delve far enough into the morals of the situation, nor do the characters develop strongly, however it doesn't cease to be gripping. It's what I'd call a solid film, but definitely over hyped on its adverts.

So whether you've seen it, or plan on doing so, throw out your opinions.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219289/

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Pretty much agree with everything you said here Gav. Definitely overhyped, nowhere near enough depth in really any of the concepts / characters within the film. All it had was a potentially good idea and to some extent plot, which I feel was almost wasted. Sure it was entertaining, but very far off what it could've / should've been...

Also, the infinite tracking shot they employed was quite good and original. It's too bad the decided to abuse it so much that they ruined the effect...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I plan to see it sometime in the near future, based on what my friends said about it, it should be quite a good movie. Hopefully it will live up to my expectations :o

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
    Years
  • Also, the infinite tracking shot they employed was quite good and original. It's too bad the decided to abuse it so much that they ruined the effect...
    ^This: The effect was cool at the beginning of the movie but after that it was just used as a filler. Which to me was a disappointment.

It was a good movie in the least. I wouldn't call it the movie of the year though :/.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • From the minute I saw the trailer, I thought it would be really, really awful. This may be Bradley Cooper's attempt to 'branch out' but the films he's been in have never inspired awe or wonder in me (yes, even The Hangover to a certain extent). Judging from the trailer, it felt like a diluted down version of Requiem for a Dream meets generic Robert de Niro vehicle.

And then the reviews came in and they were... surprisingly positive. Of the ones I've read, none have been raves - most have been in the 3-4 star or about a B on the letter grade - but most seem pleasantly surprised with it. Movie of the year seems like a stretch from the reviews I've read, but I may end up seeing it after all, which I never thought possible after viewing that wretched trailer.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I saw it last Saturday and I loved it.

At first, it was kind of hard to understand when he first started taking the pills. But nonetheless, it was great.

Years
  • I can not wait to see this movie. Bradley Cooper is my idol. Deep plot or not, I've seen and heard some good things, so I'll just have to see for myself.

Back