• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Evolve at certain level while holding item

Years
  • I'm trying to make a custom script in Pokemon_Evolutions page and my aim was to make Pokemon that normal evolve through trade level up to evolve instead. Eg: Electabuzz evolves at level 40 while holding the electirizer. Problem is that no matter what I do I can't seem to get this to work and I'm wondering if I got get some help please.

Azurestonedog

AZR Stonedog
    Years
  • Have you tried looking at ItemX - ItemMale, ItemFemale, ItemDay, ItemNight scripts? Copying them and then changing the copy to ItemLevel?

Sparkin

I've made a custom evolution form that I think is the one. The Pokémon evolves after leveling up while holding the set item at the defined level.

when PBEvolution::Custom1
    return poke if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:XXX) && pokemon.level>=level

XXX is the name of the item that the Pokémon must hold. All that's left to do is to set the level to evolve for that one Pokémon.
    But there's one thing I haven't figured yet. How to make the item disappear after the evolution

Years
  • I've made a custom evolution form that I think is the one. The Pokémon evolves after leveling up while holding the set item at the defined level.

XXX is the name of the item that the Pokémon must hold. All that's left to do is to set the level to evolve for that one Pokémon.
    But there's one thing I haven't figured yet. How to make the item disappear after the evolution

Thanks. I did something similar but I had the level code from item day not level up normally.

Back