• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] New to site, please point me in the right direction

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Looking to make a simple rom hack of FireRed. I have attempted this in the past with various applications (Advance Map, YAPE, etc) but I do not know what's current and most useful. I'm starting from scratch now.

What I'm really looking for at first is the best package of tools that work well together (I assume PGE?) and where to find them.

Also, the best place to even get a rom anymore...most downloads I find won't run.

Sorry for the noob questions. I know there are beginners guides but they don't look like they've been updated in a few months so I thought I should just ask.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Looking to make a simple rom hack of FireRed. I have attempted this in the past with various applications (Advance Map, YAPE, etc) but I do not know what's current and most useful. I'm starting from scratch now.

What I'm really looking for at first is the best package of tools that work well together (I assume PGE?) and where to find them.

Also, the best place to even get a rom anymore...most downloads I find won't run.

Sorry for the noob questions. I know there are beginners guides but they don't look like they've been updated in a few months so I thought I should just ask.
    Mentioning PGE triggered my alert. PGE hasn't been posted on this site for several years. You can find it here.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Appreciate the reply, this is where i downloaded PGE the other day when I was looking into it again. Been getting an 'unhandled exception' error a bunch though.

Any other links to good downloads for roms and tools that work well with PGE would be greatly appreciated.

Hell, I'd even be fine paying someone to help me get started here. I just don't have the time to really dive into this now myself.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Its against forum policy to link to ROMs, so I'm afraid you'll have to hunt them down yourself.

Download AMap and XSE and read up on some scripting tutorials. That's probably the best start you can give yourself.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Appreciate the reply, this is where i downloaded PGE the other day when I was looking into it again. Been getting an 'unhandled exception' error a bunch though.

Any other links to good downloads for roms and tools that work well with PGE would be greatly appreciated.

Hell, I'd even be fine paying someone to help me get started here. I just don't have the time to really dive into this now myself.
    Mentioning PGE triggered my alert. PGE hasn't been posted on this site for several years. Minimal support for PGE is currently offered here. I'll take a look at your issue when I am available.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for the info...I'm sure I'll have lots more questions once I get everything downloaded and playing nicely together.

By the way, I saw a forum about some issues with previous site admins or something, It looks like its been/is being resolved...mostly I'm just wondering if this is still a pretty active forum or if there are other resources you suggest I use for help and questions?

Thanks.

Back