• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Hey everyone!

Here's the team ive been using in SwSh:

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot
- Darkest Lariat

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
- Earthquake
- Protect

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn

I typically play pretty aggressively, but I'm thinking adding more support may be useful. I'm currently considering switching incineroar for grimmsnarl. Also, I have mold breaker on Excadrill to let him deal with Rotom, since I don't really have any other good counters for that, but I suspect sand rush may be more useful overall.

Tyranitar and Darmanitan are my most common leads and are essentially pure offense. I usually dynamax tyranitar on the first turn. Togekiss is also a common partner for tyranitar or any of the main attackers and provides support with follow me, as well as taking down fighting types, especially conkeldurr. Milotic is my bulkier option that I usually play when I anticipate an intimidate coming my way and is generally good for coverage overall. Excadrill is another offensive option that I pair with tyranitar to take down trick room (the two can knock out dusclops in one turn with a dynamaxed crunch and iron head). Incineroar I usually play for the intimidate and parting shot options to lower the stats of a strong attacker.

Any thoughts on the team?

Edit: This is for VGC 2020

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I'm not a pro in this field since I only played pokemon last week LoL. As a newbie player your team tends to have great physical power and nice speed which can sweep an entire team quickly with the exception of togekiss. Togekiss thou has annoying skills like yawn and follow me. (For someone god sake I hate yawn)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Btw can you rate my Team too.
I will only put Nature and And Movesets of my pokemon since I'm not familiar with EV and IV. And My knowledge about Item use is limited too.

Lopunny ( I pick this pokemon for Fan Service and fast kill potential)
Nature : Jolly
Item: Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm

Movesets: Ice punch, High Jump Kick, Return and Brick Break

Charizard ( my alltime fav Pokemon)
Nature: Naughty
Item: Charizardite Y
Ability:Solar Power

Movesets: Flame Thrower, Dragon Pulse, Flameblitz, Fly

Ampharos
Nature: Modest
Item:Ampharosite
Ability: Static

Movesets: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, volt switch

Heracross
Nature: Adamant
Item: Focus Sash/Heracrossite
Ability: Moxie
Movesets: Mega horn,Earthquake, close combat , Brick Break

Goodra (best boi)
Nature: Modest
Item: Assault Vest
Ability:Sap sipper

Movesets: flamethrower, sludge bomb, dragon pulse, Thunderbolt

And I can't decide for my 6th pokemon between gardevoir and sylvion ( help me )

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Hey everyone!

Here's the team ive been using in SwSh:

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot
- Darkest Lariat

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
- Earthquake
- Protect

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn

I typically play pretty aggressively, but I'm thinking adding more support may be useful. I'm currently considering switching incineroar for grimmsnarl. Also, I have mold breaker on Excadrill to let him deal with Rotom, since I don't really have any other good counters for that, but I suspect sand rush may be more useful overall.

Tyranitar and Darmanitan are my most common leads and are essentially pure offense. I usually dynamax tyranitar on the first turn. Togekiss is also a common partner for tyranitar or any of the main attackers and provides support with follow me, as well as taking down fighting types, especially conkeldurr. Milotic is my bulkier option that I usually play when I anticipate an intimidate coming my way and is generally good for coverage overall. Excadrill is another offensive option that I pair with tyranitar to take down trick room (the two can knock out dusclops in one turn with a dynamaxed crunch and iron head). Incineroar I usually play for the intimidate and parting shot options to lower the stats of a strong attacker.

Any thoughts on the team?

Edit: This is for VGC 2020

Hello. I've seen your team, and I believe it is pretty good aside from a few edits to your moves. This is what I've observed:

Firstly, seeing that you're playing VGC 2020... I don't think you should run Earthquake. Pokemon like your Tyranitar you could keep with Earthquake, since it's a strong Max Quake move, but when you're not Dynamaxed, you lose an option, since you need to be in with Togekiss or Milotic to use it without doing too much damage to your side. The same can be said with Thunder Punch, I'm not sure what it's there to counter per se? Perhaps Fire Blast/Fire Punch for stuff like Corviknight would fit?

Now, your Darmanitan Galar doesn't need Ice Punch, since it already has Icicle Crash, perhaps something like... Zen Headbutt for coverage, or U-Turn to switch out on Pokemon you can't counter. Everything else about it is fine, aside from maybe using a Choice Scarf? That way it can outspeed Dragapult. It does enough damage as is.

Muddy Water is ok on Milotic, are you trying to run something for Intimidate countering? If so, that's quite a fine moveset, although Scald is a second option mostly because you can stop stuff like Durant, Dragapult and the like from doing lots of physical damage with a burn. This Pokemon is fine too, but yeah, if you want something a bit more defensive from it, I suggest Scald.

Excadrill like Tyranitar doesn't need Earthquake, it will be doing too much damage to your own Pokemon. I'd suggest something like Rock Slide. Your other movesets, abilities, and items are all quite good for every other Pokemon I didn't mention.

Now I'm going to discuss about the Pokemon you're using... I don't suggest building Grimmsnarl, you're adding a bigger Steel weakness to your team, and I suggest you keep Mold Breaker, since as you said, and from my own observations, you have nothing for Rotom. Speaking of things you can't counter, you'll have a lot of trouble against Gastrodon. For that... I suggest something like Venusaur or Bellossom (mostly Bellossom, it has less weaknesses)?

Bellossom is a good utility, since it gets access to stuff like Helping Hand, Energy Ball and Strength Sap, as well as dealing some decent damage to stuff like Gastrodon (and have Healer on it, although, if you Dynamax something with a fire move, Bellossom benefits well from Chlorophyll, but you have to run speed investment to outspeed most Pokemon. Healer is good in that it can heal potentially game-deciding status conditions like burns). Finally... I guess that I'd also add that Darmanitan is very risky to run, since most leads force you to use Superpower (stuff like Tyranitar and Incineroar), or swap, so make sure you take that into consideration when using it.

Either way, you have a good team, aside from what I've said already, I'm unsure if there's anything else I could improve in it. Hopefully what I've said helps!

Last edited:
Back