• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] AdvanceMap not showing pokémon's names properly in Wild encounters tab. Using CFRU+DPE.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Hi everyone !

A friend and I are trying to make our first romhack, using Leon's Rom Base + CFRU and DPE. We managed to inject both DPE and CFRU into our rom, and we're now looking into what Advance Map let's us do. The first issue we have is that, when trying to change wild pokémon encounters, the list is either all gibberish in 1.92, or totally blank (but actually giving national dex number) in 1.95. We did change the offsets of each version in a hex editor as per this procedure : https://pastebin.com/QpnHyQpJ And we managed to add a npc that gives us a lvl 100 Hawlucha, so the new pokémons are implemented in the rom, but Advance Map doesn't show their name properly.

At this point I'm assuming we can just go on and use 1.95. but I've seen on Anthroyd's video tutorials that 1.95 could cause bugs in your rom, and he suggests working with 1.92 as it is more stable.

So I would like to ask : what are your suggestions at this point ? Anthroyd's videos are fairly old and perhaps there is a better way to do it that we don't know of. Is it safe to use 1.95 if I backup my rom regularly ? Or is there a way to properly show pokémon's names in the wild encouters tab when working in 1.92 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi everyone !

A friend and I are trying to make our first romhack, using Leon's Rom Base + CFRU and DPE. We managed to inject both DPE and CFRU into our rom, and we're now looking into what Advance Map let's us do. The first issue we have is that, when trying to change wild pokémon encounters, the list is either all gibberish in 1.92, or totally blank (but actually giving national dex number) in 1.95. We did change the offsets of each version in a hex editor as per this procedure : https://pastebin.com/QpnHyQpJ And we managed to add a npc that gives us a lvl 100 Hawlucha, so the new pokémons are implemented in the rom, but Advance Map doesn't show their name properly.

At this point I'm assuming we can just go on and use 1.95. but I've seen on Anthroyd's video tutorials that 1.95 could cause bugs in your rom, and he suggests working with 1.92 as it is more stable.

So I would like to ask : what are your suggestions at this point ? Anthroyd's videos are fairly old and perhaps there is a better way to do it that we don't know of. Is it safe to use 1.95 if I backup my rom regularly ? Or is there a way to properly show pokémon's names in the wild encouters tab when working in 1.92 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

You have to use A-Map 1.95 for Wild Pokemon because 1.92 can only read 16 mb but the base goes to 32mb.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Alright, thank you ! I think we might switch to a pokeemerald romhack as the decomps using porymap seems more friendly to multiple people working on the same project and seems less clunky !

Back