• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developing Expediency in PKMN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2019
    I've been developing a hack 'guised {Refined Salt} and {Ethereal Band} under the objective of balancing the resistance match ups. I have two primary objectives, the first is encouraging players to play the ADVANCED and DS titles as consistently as the 3DS games (tapping into the online community), while the second is to reformat the game-play experience through a scripted Nuzlocke challenge. I was really inspired by Pokemon Shiny Gold, how his objective was to allow players to tap more readily into Generation II before HGSS was released as a remake. Every time I have a revision that I feel has potential, I purpose to legitimately run the course of a Nuzlocke challenge while looking out for possible bugs.

I actually failed my latest venture; it always surprises my how fond I am of the teams I've created whenever I lose a set of monsters.
    I think that's what makes the Nuzlocke such a powerful concept, it brings things into real time. I figured that instead of restarting a new file, I would start up Project Prism and see what kind of things were added. I made a bunch of observations about the way these older games play, surprisingly there are a lot of nuanced staples to the series that haven't even been fixed in the more modern releases.

Zubat & Tentacool

Because of these two time wasters here, I still have conflicting ideals as to whether I should make Poison exclusively weak to Electric- even while they both have electric as a weakness. Wrap and Mean look are the bane of my existence when I'm only hoping to GET SOMEWHERE.

-I think the root problem regarding this situation is how the Pokemon series handles is the doling of monsters in new releases.
    Emerald holds a valuable spot in my book because it seems that it and Ruby/Sapphire intended to give some exclusivity to the region. It's disappointing nonetheless when the monsters they teased are way off the grid. I'm still hazy about where Misdreavous is exactly in Generation II and Houndour is somewhere in Kanto- like 5/4 the way of the game's progress. When they introduced the sneak mechanic in ORAS, I was overjoyed because you have an extended range to monsters native to the region and the cry can tip you off to what kind of battle you'd be engaging in.

When people spend time developing thier own narrative in a hack, completely outside of the series cannon, about how long does it take to set up regional encounters?
    Even trainer battles seems like a task. It seems like although battles can be arbitrary, they are usually designed to get the player primed for gym battles or to express a Level ceiling.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Sorry my dude. This isn't the forum for that. If I felt like this belonged in ROM Hacking, I'd move it there, but truth to the matter, I don't really know where it belongs. Certainly not here, though.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back