• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indexing problem

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2019
    So I've been just getting into ROM hacking and I decided to try switching out the starters of the game with a few of my own (I do know the sprites are not good). However despite using Irfan View and editing it to become "indexed", it still is not considered indexed by NSE. I tried using the Advanced Trainer Series and I ended up with extremely weird results (https://gyazo.com/79e541d66d843002cd3f4a8b9d8549fd). Is there any idea what could be the problem? I've used only 15 colors as well and I made sure of it.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    make sure the first color in the palette is your 'background color' aka the color that will be transparent. in gimp (idk about irfanview but maybe there is a similar way) you can do this:

image > mode > indexed > choose: generate optimum palette, max num of colors 16 > convert
    then
    colors > map > rearrange color map > now move your color for transparency into the first slot, the one all the way to the left > press ok

now you can use pge or whatever to import the sprite it should work

Back