• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Conspiracy

Years
  • Sequence3.png

INTRODUCTION

Greetings, first I want to thank you for checking out this thread. My name is Enigma, and I've been a fan of Pok?mon since the old Red/Blue/Yellow days. I'm not too much a fan of the main series games anymore, the last ones I played were actually Black and White. They all became a bit too kid friendly for me. However I've grown to greatly appreciate fan-games and the creativity that people add to a very beloved franchise. So, after investing lots of time, energy and sanity, I'd like to present my own spin on the traditional Pok?mon game.

sp1.png

CURRENT BUILD V 0.1 (Playtime 5-8hrs.)
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5z4o7a7a44cby3g/Conspiracy_Prologue_Ver._0.1.rar

PLOT

You're just a somewhat ordinary kid, living life in the Zhyion Region. You are currently enrolled at an Elite Pok?mon Trainer Institute where you have been enrolled for nearly 4 years. Graduation is just around the corner.

Unlike most other regions, in Zhyion, becoming a Pok?mon trainer is much less of a recreational choice and more so a means for people to earn Income and provide for their families.

Anyone wishing to become a trainer must obtain a Degree in the battling arts. You obtain this by attending a special University and completing a rigorous program that will prepare you for just about anything that comes your way. However it can't prepare you for what's to come.

In this game, you as the Player character will meet and encounter several people with the same goals in mind. And some people with completely different motives and goals in mind.

You will encounter some bizarre and unorthodox situations from time to time. You will also encounter some scenarios in which you may or may not be used to such as Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, Social Injustices etc.

Depending on how you handle or not handle these situations, you may gain Praise OR hatred from your peers.

The Zhyion Region as a whole is Governed by an Elite Organization of Uniformed individuals known as Team Order.

Team Order has been around for as long as anyone can remember. Team Order are generally regarded as protectors of the General Public (Aka Non Pok?mon Trainers)

During a normal day like any other you witness a strange situation involving your best friend Teala, who is being harassed by a man wearing a Team Order Uniform.

You of course choose to stand by her side, thus setting in motion a chain of events that will forever change your life.

PROTAGONISTS

There are currently two Protagonists in the game, both have their own separate personalities and will speak, respond and react to things in very different manners.

LEONARDO/LEO
    trainer000.png
    Leonardo is often described as the loner type. He barely associates himself with others outside his own personal circle.

However he still believes in the old saying, "Treat others the way you'd want to be treated".

He's a rather straightforward individual that claims to be a terrible liar, therefore he doesn't.

During his younger years he used to run with a not so favorable crowd, that taught him some things about life that he still remembers to this day.

(Leo has the ability to Pick locked doors.)

KELANI
    trainer001.png

Young, Carefree, Cheerful and very optimistic. Kelani is adored by almost everyone that she comes into contact with.

However over the years she's come to realize that not everyone that smiles in her face can be called a Friend.

She considers herself to be an Ugly ducklett, whom only recently found the confidence she needed to overcome years of self-doubt.

At times, she struggles internally with the fact that she will soon have to deal with all the complications and responsibilities of being an adult, and may occasionally come off as a bit awkward.

(Kelani has the Ability to Charm others, meaning in some instances she may have access to special dialogue options.)

A FEW SCREENSHOTS:
    Untitled1.thumb.png.9295768efb395571ee362f0bb24af516.pngUntitled.thumb.png.2c9e38daa3014708eb14a59b698d3ee7 (2).png
    Untitled3.thumb.png.6e10f6b95e01b3480902c89690173ff8 (2).pngUntitled2.thumb.png.0bbb892debe2dc0959c55f47677964e9.png
    More screenshots at the bottom of this post

FEATURES

-18 GYMS
    (only 1 in current release)

-BATTLE HOUSES
    (Battle houses are special establishments that can be challenged after defeating the corresponding Town's Gym Leader. They offer several prizes ranging from Cash, Items, and much more. Not for the faint of heart.)

-ACHIEVEMENT SYSTEM
    (Upon completing certain in-game events or reaching milestones, the player will unlock achievements that offer a special currency which can be traded for various goodies.)

-EV TRAINING CENTERS
    (Better known as PACK-A-PUNCH, a place where trainers can go to train certain effort values of their Pok?mon.)

-21 STARTERS
    (Starter Pok?mon from Generations 1-7 will be available for the player to choose from. Choose wisely, for you will not receive another at any point in the game.)

-ROMANCE
    (Not currently available, but in future releases, the player will have the option to become more intimate with certain characters.)

-BRANCHING STORY
    (certain choices will impact future game events, not always the way you would expect them to either.)

CREDITS:

POKEMON ESSENTIALS:
    ? Flameguru
    ? Poccil
    ? Maruno
    ? Luka S.J.
    ? Brother1440
    ? Near Fantastica
    ? FL.
    ? PinkMan
    ? Genzai Kawakami
    ? Popper
    ? KitsuneKouta
    ? Venom12

MUSIC:
    ? GlitchxCity
    ? HappyDragonite
    ? Kamex
    ? VanilluxePavillion
    ? AlmightyArceus
    ? Gavin Luke
    ? SiriusBeats
    ? The Houndtrack
    ? Adon237

SPRITES:
    ? Amethyst
    ? Janichroma
    ? Caz
    ? Zumidesu
    ? KintectedWes
    ? StarryD
    ? Dreadwing93

TILESETS:
    ? Amethyst
    ? Janichroma
    ? Maruno
    ? Game Freak
    ? Pok?mon Essentials Team

SCRIPTING:
    ? Amethyst
    ? Kurotsune
    ? Jericho
    ? Janichroma
    ? Maruno

BETA TESTERS:
    ? LightningKelo
    ? wesleyithinkalittle
    ? Magicmike

(if you see or hear something that may belong to you and you haven't been credited I apologize in advance. Feel free to inform me, so I can update the credits or remove said content.

-KNOWN BUGS
    (Bug fixes are usually only done at the release of new Chapters barring a game breaking bug.)

- Various Tile and movement permission errors
    - Female Protagonist portrait doesn't always display properly
    - Using any kind of Evolution stone crashes the game
    - TMs/HMs don't work on Gen 7 Pok?mon
    - Female protagonist's sister vanishes during a cutscene
    - Quite a few typos
    - Speaking to Mistress Woolsey without any of the starter Pok?mon in your party, traps the player in an infinite dialogue loop.

Attachments

• Screenshot cafe convo.png
      Screenshot cafe convo.png
      82.8 KB · Views: 34
    • Screenshot Cerm gym.png
      Screenshot Cerm gym.png
      164.3 KB · Views: 21
    • Screenshot marsh.png
      Screenshot marsh.png
      149.2 KB · Views: 24
    • Screenshot vs Sakura.png
      Screenshot vs Sakura.png
      221.5 KB · Views: 39
    • Screenshot void.png
      Screenshot void.png
      42.6 KB · Views: 15
    • Screenshot Gemini shop.png
      Screenshot Gemini shop.png
      97.7 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    where i can one of the 21 offical starters and where i can chatch karablast i seen someone wants to see karablast and what i need to do to fill the tediursa s jar in honey so iwill be able to get it and its cool wwe haveing ahcivements and 9 original starters to pick from i chosen mareep

Years
  • where i can one of the 21 offical starters and where i can chatch karablast i seen someone wants to see karablast and what i need to do to fill the tediursa s jar in honey so iwill be able to get it and its cool wwe haveing ahcivements and 9 original starters to pick from i chosen mareep

You get to choose one of the 21 starters later in the Prologue, just keep playing a bit longer.

Karrablast can be found on route 1, however it's a very rare encounter so it make take awhile to find.

You fill the Teddiursa's honey jar by bringing it more honey. You can find honey on wild combee or by doing a side quest in the first town.

Thanks for playing. Hope you're enjoying the game so far.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    how i am need to progress in the batle house i beaten any trainer until got the the flying type trainer and than advanced comleted two tiles puzzles adter and got 2 treasure keys how i am need to progres after comleting the two tiles puzzles which are accsesable after beating the flying type trainer i need help please since i want to get the rewards from the battle house i want to know where zorua can be found since there is trade in the town where the first gym and battle house soi am asking since i searched the whole area but not found zorua and inrested to know if i should trade the zorua for the egg or keep zorua

Last edited:
    Years
  • how i am need to progress in the batle house i beaten any trainer until got the the flying type trainer and than advanced comleted two tiles puzzles adter and got 2 treasure keys how i am need to progres after comleting the two tiles puzzles which are accsesable after beating the flying type trainer i need help please since i want to get the rewards from the battle house i want to know where zorua can be found since there is trade in the town where the first gym and battle house soi am asking since i searched the whole area but not found zorua and inrested to know if i should trade the zorua for the egg or keep zorua

After completing the tile puzzles, just backtrack and look for alternative routes or paths you can take.

I won't disclose the exact locations of Zorua, just know that it spawns 4 times as 4 different Pokemon. Check everywhere in the Overworld that has Pokemon walking around.

As for the trade, it's completely up to you. You can keep Zorua for yourself, or trade it for a chance at 1 of 15 unique Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2021
    sound great.
    few tip's:
    *no HM slave. use some ather method.
    *lvl cap. make the game more challenging.
    *cant get out of the gym till the end. make ppl use more of potion and staff.
    *field effect.

all this will make the game more challenging and hard.
    it will make ppl lvl up more then 6 moon's and make them think more.
    so they dont over lvl some moon's before gym's battle.

i will download the game after it will get some more part's.

Years
  • Recently re-uploaded with a few big fixes. Still a few bugs present but it's nothing more than a few typos/movement permission errors. Focusing all attention on creating new content for the next update. I ask that if you manage to play, please refer to the known bugs list before reporting any errors you may find. Chapter 1, is currently in development.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2023
    Playing as male protagonist, during first fight rental pokemon keeps disobeying me, is that intentional?

Years
  • Just a small update I wanted to share with anyone who's interested.

I had a small bit of creative motivation this morning, and decided to create a small visual effect for a mechanic which will be added to the game in the next release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGWpcHDazbs

Going forward while interacting with characters or making choices in game can earn or remove reputation points with certain characters.

More updates to hopefully come soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2023
    Reached the end of the current build, enjoyed it. Story seems promising, can't wait to see more.

A few opinions/suggestions:

1. Poke Institute's structure seems needlessly complicated with many warps form one corridor to another then to the room (for example moving from institute's entry hall to the infirmary). Maybe you could remove some of the midway corridors or, if you want to keep current size of the building, merge them (like dinning hall).

2. Could you replace HMs with HM-items? Many people (me included) like to have full control over our team, and HMs require to keep one or two slots occupied for HM-slave.

3. Showing faces during a dialogue is a nice touch, and while I personally have no problems with protagonist or most of the story important characters are of African American descent (last time I checked that was the politically correct term, though I may be wrong, I live in a east European country with about 99% white population, so no offence meant), I don't like using real people's pictures. They feel out of place with pixel-art world and pokemon, and, unless you have permission from the subjects of the pictures, are illegal. I suggest (if you can't make them yourself) looking for some free to use graphic or have somebody make you custom ones. In the meantime you can use RPG Maker style faces generated by one of free generators online, like something from this list https://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15846-character-maker-xp-and-faceset-generator/ (my suggestion https://foxrichards.deviantart.com/art/FaceMaker-52755515)

4. Add difficulty selection. After getting second pokemon the game got really easy, especially with healing available almost every field map. While it removes the need to constantly run back to the pokemon center for casual players, there are many people who would like more chalenge. Currently difficulty setting is based on the growth speed of your starter (I think), but you could add option to chose easy, normal or hard difficulty during the intro. Easy would stay as the game is now; normal - higher level enemies and more pokemon on their teams, pokemon healing in places other than pokemon center or institute requires payment; hard - even higher level enemies and more pokemon on their teams, less money earned, no healing except pokemon centers, institute, or similar places, lock player inside a gym untill defeated its gym leader, disable saving inside gym completely or only allow to save in the gym leader's room (before entering the gym show warning), add level cap (personally I like to grind so I dislike this, but, as I said, some people like the challenge).

5. Inside the institute's library is a mini quest by Lauren where you learn a bit backstory for the region. The idea is nice, but you simply have to depend on your luck to guess the right answers, and there are no consequences even if you select wrong one. Since it is a library, maybe change it so we have to look up that informations by talking to the students or interacting with the books? And add quest failure if you select wrong answer too many times?

Overall, nice game, still a bit rough (tileset passage) and easy, but has potential. Looking forward to new release. Also, nice idea with that effect for affection/reputation increase.

Years
  • Reached the end of the current build, enjoyed it. Story seems promising, can't wait to see more.

A few opinions/suggestions:

1. Poke Institute's structure seems needlessly complicated with many warps form one corridor to another then to the room (for example moving from institute's entry hall to the infirmary). Maybe you could remove some of the midway corridors or, if you want to keep current size of the building, merge them (like dinning hall).

2. Could you replace HMs with HM-items? Many people (me included) like to have full control over our team, and HMs require to keep one or two slots occupied for HM-slave.

3. Showing faces during a dialogue is a nice touch, and while I personally have no problems with protagonist or most of the story important characters are of African American descent (last time I checked that was the politically correct term, though I may be wrong, I live in a east European country with about 99% white population, so no offence meant), I don't like using real people's pictures. They feel out of place with pixel-art world and pokemon, and, unless you have permission from the subjects of the pictures, are illegal. I suggest (if you can't make them yourself) looking for some free to use graphic or have somebody make you custom ones. In the meantime you can use RPG Maker style faces generated by one of free generators online, like something from this list https://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15846-character-maker-xp-and-faceset-generator/ (my suggestion https://foxrichards.deviantart.com/art/FaceMaker-52755515)

4. Add difficulty selection. After getting second pokemon the game got really easy, especially with healing available almost every field map. While it removes the need to constantly run back to the pokemon center for casual players, there are many people who would like more chalenge. Currently difficulty setting is based on the growth speed of your starter (I think), but you could add option to chose easy, normal or hard difficulty during the intro. Easy would stay as the game is now; normal - higher level enemies and more pokemon on their teams, pokemon healing in places other than pokemon center or institute requires payment; hard - even higher level enemies and more pokemon on their teams, less money earned, no healing except pokemon centers, institute, or similar places, lock player inside a gym untill defeated its gym leader, disable saving inside gym completely or only allow to save in the gym leader's room (before entering the gym show warning), add level cap (personally I like to grind so I dislike this, but, as I said, some people like the challenge).

5. Inside the institute's library is a mini quest by Lauren where you learn a bit backstory for the region. The idea is nice, but you simply have to depend on your luck to guess the right answers, and there are no consequences even if you select wrong one. Since it is a library, maybe change it so we have to look up that informations by talking to the students or interacting with the books? And add quest failure if you select wrong answer too many times?

Overall, nice game, still a bit rough (tileset passage) and easy, but has potential. Looking forward to new release. Also, nice idea with that effect for affection/reputation increase.

Thanks for the feedback, it honestly helps me improve the game going forward.

The Poke Institute is based on your average American University or Higher learning Institution, I also attempted to replicate the architecture used as well.

All the HMs in Conspiracy have been altered in either type, base power or both, so that they can actually be used on movesets without beng too much of a hinderance, they can also be removed/forgotten at any time.

I've gotten many complaints about the real faces as well, but I do want to inform you that these are placeholder graphics, and they will be replaced with their pixel art counterparts with the next update. Also in terms of the difficulty I've gotten mixed reviews about how hard/easy the game is. This is primarily due to the fact that there are many good mons available early on. When I play other games I'm usually stuck using mons like pidgey and spearow and it quite annoyed me, so I tried to avoid this with my game. However I do plan to restrict the amount of good pokes in the next release, a difficulty modifier is possible but I most likely won't implement this until later down the line.

Another person also suggested this possibility with the Lauren quiz, and I most likely will act on this.

Thanks again for playing, and for the feedback.

Years
  • Development on Conspiracy is current on hold, due to my laptop being destroyed in an attempted robbery. I fortunately have a good amount of my progress tucked away in cloud storage. Will post another update once I'm able to get back to work on the game.

Back