• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strongest Generation ( region )

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
  • I am putting this question here since it involves competitive and strong Pokemon.

Pokemon has a plethora of pokemon these days. 802 now I think, not all of them we all know can be uber tier gods or the Creame De'-La' Creame, the top monster capable of the kind of god like gargantuan like battles that makes it the king of the mountain. In fact, most pokemon, a good 70 percent I think, don't even crack the UU tier.

BUT....if you were to add up all the factors of every single Pokemon, competitive tier, move-sets, strategies used with them etc, which region, or which generation has the "strongest" pokemon? By strongest I mean strongest over all when you add every single one of them together as a whole?
    Factoring in things like what tier all of them are in, how many points they have in their stats and things like that. Is there a way we can calculate, or find a way to find a method to determine which region as a whole is the Strongest Generation of Pokemon?

A note, All Pokemon from each region also means they are all subject to current rules. So all the old gens have their mega evolutions, and Z moves for gen 1 pokemon etc etc.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    It's no contest in my opinion. Hoenn has Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Mega Salamence/Metagross/Mawile/Medicham/Sableye, etc. Mega Ray, PDon, and Mega Mence are among the absolute best Pokemon in the game. ORAS went overboard.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd have to agree with wolf; ORAS introduced a massive power spike that basically changed the game. Although mega evolutions were introduced in Gen 6, it wasn't until ORAS when they went overboard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2020
    Excluding Ubers, I would probably have to say the seventh gen. Mimikyu, Toxapex, and the Tapus, as well as the UBs (minus Guzzlord) are all really, really good. If you include ubers, though, it's Hoenn hands down. Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Speed Boost Blaziken, even Mega Rayquaza...good luck beating that my guy.

Back