• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Chess 2" and Asymmetric Game Balance

EB

Re: World
Years
This might belong moreso in Game Development, but as a current event, I find this section more promising. Feel free to move if applicable.

Chess 2: The Sequel - How a street fightin' man fixed the world's most famous game

Others and I came across this bit of news in a competitive SSBM Facebook group and our chatter has since developed into an interesting discussion about game theory, innovation, and balance. So, what are all your guys' thoughts? Does this game look promising? Does Sirlin accurately define the elements of top-level chess? How do you feel about the Asymmetric approach to game development? Is this really the future of chess, and most of all, would you play it?

Discuss.

=

As I feel obligated to share my opinion as well, I've quoted some of my Facebook comments below.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
This topic will probably get better responses in the Video Games forum which seems like a better home for it. So... moved.

Reactions: EB
Back