• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar The Last Airbender Challenge

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
  • Avatar The Last Airbender Challenge
    (or Avatar Mode)

Ever wanted to be an air nomad? Or a member of the fire nation? Water tribes? Earth Nation? While playing pokemon? Well now you can with the Avatar The Last Airbender Challenge!

Rules
    1. Choose one nation (Air, Water, Fire, or Earth)
    2. Only catch Pokemon that fit the types assigned to each nation (only one of it's types has to fit your nation's).
      Air - Flying, Psychic, Ghost, Fairy (if Gen 6) or Bug (if prior to Gen 6)
      Water - Water, Ice, Grass, Poison
      Fire- Fire, Electric, Dark, Dragon
      Earth - Ground, Rock, Steel, Fighting
      *Republic City (neutral) Pokemon can be used by any nation (with exceptions that will be listed) - Normal. Bug (only if gen 6)
    3. You may catch a Pokemon if through Evolution or Mega Evolution, they will obtain a type of your nation.
    4. If your Pokemon can Mega Evolve to a type of your nation (but it's not normally a type that fits), then you must Mega Evolve it every time it battles.
    5. You may any pure Normal type Pokemon, however if it has a secondary type, it must be that of your nation (for example, any nation can use a Raticate, but only Air can use Pidgeot)
    6. If you are playing a gen 6 game, then you are allowed to use any Bug Pokemon, regardless of your nation, or the Bug's secondary type
    7. You evolve a Pokemon into one that no longer has a type that's compatible with your nation, you may no longer use it.

Optional Rules:
    1. Optionally you can choose to be the avatar (otherwise known as "easy mode"). Start out as one nation, of your choice, and as you get more gym badges, you can add on in order (Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Air, Water, etc.).
      After the 2nd badge you'd be able to use Pokemon of the next nation (if you started as Air, you can now use water also), after the 5th badge you would start using Pokemon of the next (if you started as Air, you can now use Earth in addition to Water), and you'll be able to use any Pokemon after the 7th badge, allowing you a little time to train your Pokemon before challenging the league.
    2. Nuzlocke Version Rule 1: You can only catch the first Pokemon of the type that you are allowed to have on every new route.
    3. Nuzlocke Version Rule 2: If a Pokemon faints, you must treat it as if it died, and release or permanently box it.
    If you have any more suggestions for optional rules, you can post them in your sign up.

Sign-Up
    Username:
    Version:
    Nation:
    Single/Ultimate?: (Ultimate means completing the game in every region)
    Optional Rules (if any):
    (Hacks are allowed, as long as they are hacks that do not have added types).

Example
    Username: trotz59
    Version: X
    Nation: Air
    Single/Ultimate? Single
    Optional Rules: 1. You can only catch the first Pokemon of the type that you are allowed to have on every new route.

How to win for each game:
    Spoiler:

Single Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Single Champions:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
    Spoiler:

*Note: I did not create this challenge. I was given permission by the creator, funnyman2416. I created the mega evolution rules and added the optional rules.

Creator's reasons for each type in each nation:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2016
    Name: the24thm
    version: fire red
    single/ultimate: single
    optional rules: none

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    UPDATED even more:

Username: Gartoon
    Version: Diamond (eventually Red, Gold, Emerald,White, X)
    Nation: Fire
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate (eventually)
    Optional Rules (if any): Nuzlocke Version Rule 1: You can only catch the first Pokemon of the type that you are allowed to have on every new route. Nuzlocke Version Rule 2: If a Pokemon faints, you must treat it as if it died, and release or permanently box it.

Last edited:

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
    Years
  • Thank you to those of you who signed up so far. Just something to note: I originally forgot to include "nation" in the sign up, so for those of you who already signed up, please include your nation in your next update.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Thank you to those of you who signed up so far. Just something to note: I originally forgot to include "nation" in the sign up, so for those of you who already signed up, please include your nation in your next update.

I'm Fire Nation, but one question.

Will there be a challengers/champions section?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Username: Phantomness
    Version: Pokemon Red Randomized 721
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Nation: Water
    Optional Rules: Nuzlocke mode, both rules (first Pokemon of a matching type on the route, fainting = dead), also randomized items, the moves TMs teach, wild/Trainer pokemon Pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2016
    Alright heres my first update (I'm air by the way, and just realized I'm actually playing leafgreen, sorry about that)

Anyways I beat the first 2 gyms, currently heading towards bills house

My team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Update- I just beat the 8th gym in Pokemon Y I am a water bender. My pokemon currently are:
    Blastoise(LionTurtle)♂
    Jynx(Hama)♀
    Beedrill(Jet)♂
    Nidoking(Boulder)♂
    Lapras(Senna)♀
    Bellossom(Lily)♀

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Is catching HM slaves outside the country type okay For example, if I'm Fire Nation, can I catch a Sentret for HM slave purposes?

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
    Years
  • Is catching HM slaves outside the country type okay For example, if I'm Fire Nation, can I catch a Sentret for HM slave purposes?

It's permitted. But also note that everyone is allowed to catch Normal types, so it's okay for you to catch it anyways.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
    Version: Pokemon Blaze Black (Clean version, only modifies difficulity taking out all added types and content)
    Nation: Fire
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Optional Rules (if any): None

Years
  • What starter can Air pick? Or do we just ignore the starter the moment we get a legal Pokémon for our nation?

EDIT: also, what's the win condition for ORAS?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Name:Ghostly Kozak
    Version:Leafgreen
    Single/Ultimate: Single
    Nation: Water
    Ca I trade in pokemon for example a bulbasaur from another game?with no egg moves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Just a quick update...
    My team so far consists of Mirei the Dragalge, Bambi the Deerling, and Adele the Prinplup and I just beat Surge and got the Thunder Badge.
    And I had a total party kill in Erika's Gym against a beauty's Abomasnow... ugh, Razor Leaf and ice attacks... so this run ended in FAILURE...

Last edited:
    Back