• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Unova Pokedex

__fred__40

fred
Years
Hey guys,fred here
I was wondering,do you think if it possible to have the same version of the Unova pokedex in Fire red
What I mean is can we change Pokemon Fire red's Pokedex so that it registers Pokemon data when we saw them and not when we caught them?
let me know

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
I'm pretty sure that yes. If I'm ok, the Pokédex works with a set of flags; for seen mons and for catched ones. You can change the code to set the catched flags upon encounter, wich is the easier way, or change the behaviour of the flags, so it shows Pokédex info when seen flag is set.

__fred__40

fred
Years
I'm pretty sure that yes. If I'm ok, the Pokédex works with a set of flags; for seen mons and for catched ones. You can change the code to set the catched flags upon encounter, wich is the easier way, or change the behaviour of the flags, so it shows Pokédex info when seen flag is set.
thx do you by any chance know which are those flags?
Do you know a tutorial maybe that explains this process in detail?I'm still a beginner with Hex Editors :)

Last edited:

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
thx do you by any chance know which are those flags?
Do you know a tutorial maybe that explains this process in detail?I'm still a beginner with Hex Editors :)
I don't have exact info 'bout that, sorry. You should check out a ROM map, and some scripting tutorials.

Back