• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding Extra Bootscreen NDS D/P

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Introduction
    Heya, today I'm going to show you how to add an extra bootscreen to either diamond or pearl. It's basically a bootscreen that will appear before the actual bootscreen. You need two images that are exact 256x192 pixels, one for the top and one for the bottom part. I will assume that you already prepared rom, emulator, graphics. You will need Crystal Tile 2, so if you don't have it already go get it and come back afterwards. Alright without any further ado let's jump right into it.

Let's get started
    First open up Crystal Tile 2 and your rom, afterwards go to the tools tab from the menu. You should be able to see a sub menu with different options, just pick "NDS File System". A tiny menu will appear just pick the first file you see and right click and choose "NDS AutoLoad Modulus Editor". We are almost there another menu should pop up, click on the intro button. Now the menu called DS Intro will open, do you see Picture(F) if yes good, click on Up/Down to set the images. Personally I don't recommend using sound/wait it didn't work for me. There is an add button to preview so make sure to use it, when you are satisfied click on add and afterwards on insert. After confirming the bootscreen "NDS AutoLoad Modulus Editor" will pop up, click on ok. Now you have to set the location of the bootscreen, you can use a hex editor if you wish. As for myself I'm going to go with the default location and confirm with ok. We are done just close the program, don't worry it's already saved just click on ok and test it out. This method can be used once, so be sure to be satisfied because you won't be able to edit it again.

Ending
    I hope that you learned something from this tutorial. To everyone who has an interest in DS Hacking just go for it. Google is your best friend when you are searching for tutorials. Last but not least don't be afraid to use a hex editor to find out stuff that isn't documentated yet. Learn to work with a hex editor, trust me it's worth it.

Preview
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Developers and translators Crystal Tile 2.
    yopyop and his dev team for Desmume.
    TheLegende11 Extra bootscreen Tutorial on YT (German).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I just updated the pictures, i hope that everything is clear now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Hello everyone i just rewrote this tutorial from the ground up, because it was extremely outdated to me. Take a look if you are interested in this tutorial.

Back