• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Crimson Beast

Mr. James

Crimson Beast

A story about Kane, a young boy who moved back to his hometown of Solatra, where he founds that not many things are different. His first stop was the Pokémon Lab, knowing that many trainers get their first Pokémon there.

CHAPTER 01
    As usual, my mom woke me up from my bed. It was the day. Seven years ago, I moved to this town so that my mom could be near her job. I live with my mom and my little sister. My father...well, I don't have any memory of him. My mom always said that he went to work outside, but I never got to see a picture of him.
    After brushing my teeth and taking a fresh shower, I wore my favorite clothes. My mom calls me:
    "Do you remember what day today is?"
    I answered:
    "I do. Today we'll be moving again"
    Then she went to wake up my sister. I went to walk for a bit, for maybe I wouldn't get to see this town again. "Maybe".
    I greeted everyone I'd see, they are nice people who were not my parents but took care of me as a family. I've spent good times and bad times with them.
    After that, I went to a small lake. It's my favorite spot, as nobody would go there and I could relax a bit and have my thoughts...
    "Today is the last day, huh..."
    A man came from behind and talked to me as if he already knew me.
    "Boy, do you know the story of "Little Litleo and Pyroar"? "
    I noded with a no. I don't feel very well talking to strangers. I always act cautiously.
    "They say that when Litleo gets on a certain age, the Pyroar will let them live alone for a week. To ready them dor their future lives, the Pyroar make them confront challenges and as a trial, they fight their own kids."
    Why was that man telling me such a story? I asked him...
    "Don't you have someone who did the same to you, boy?"
    That question gave me a lot of thoughts, as I thought he was someone who knew my father or it was my father, although very much unlikely.
    After that, the man was gone, and I had to go too. My mom already scoldme for me how I was late.
    We went to the train station and got into one to Solatra. Just the name felt nostalgic, and I got excited to see what had changed...
    END OF CHAPTER 01

Last edited:

Mr. James

Crimson Beast

CHAPTER 02
    After I got into the train, I noticed how there weren't many people in there, so me, my sister and my mom I didn't have a problem finding a seat. It would be a long trip, so I prepared some games on my PokéSmart to play. Pokémon Smartphone, or PokéSmart for short.
    My sister quickly fell asleep and my mom kept gazing at the window. The other passengers were in their PokéSmarts as well.
    "Passengers, we will reach Solatra Town in the next 10 minutes."
    My heart started racing. Would I see my hometown as the same? Or renewed? Many questions appeared on my mind, and I got so excited.
    When we left the train station, I saw something. Well, it may not be true, but I thought that someone was following us...
    Just a feeling, though...
    As I got closer to it, the more excited I got...
    Well, here we are. Solatra Town!
    I got surprised, it didn't seem anything like how it was before! There are more houses, a library and a PokéMart!
    Wait...I saw a weird building who was far away, but I left it for later. Time to go see our new home.
    I got into the door and claimed the room in the first floor. It has a nice to the town, where I could see everything...and when I looked far away, I saw that weird building...!
    I ran down the stairs and started running! Couldn't stop myself, because that building is a Pokémon Lab! I may sound rude if I just barge in there asking for a Pokémon, but I don't care!
    A few steps for reaching it and I was about to slow down, but I was too much fast! Suddenly the door opened, I got into it, but I tripped over something...My head started to hurt, and I slowly started to lose consciouness...

END OF CHAPTER 02

Vragon

I don't really have knowledge of where your going with this, (if it's a different region telling or something else), but I will say that these first two chapters come across as Vague. There were places I felt had more to them in the sense of fleshing out or detailing if you will. For example:
    Ras!
    I greeted everyone I'd see, they are nice people who were not my parents but took care of me as a family. I've spent good times and bad times with them.
    After that, I went to a small lake. It's my favorite spot, as nobody would go there and I could relax a bit and have my thoughts...
    This was a bit sudden and didn't really touch on "everyone's" reaction to him leaving. In other words, it was a missed opportunity to give the reader a relation to Kane with moving somewhere new.

One other thing I noticed when reading was this section:
    Ras!
    A man came from behind and talked to me as if he already knew me.
    "Boy, do you know the story of "Little Litleo and Pyroar"? "
    I nodded with a no. I don't feel very well talking to strangers. I always act cautiously.

This was rushed a bit. Since this section is focused on Kane feeling bad about leaving and this stranger coming out of nowhere to talk to him, I would expect him to have more internal dialogue/internal reaction than just a simple nod and then narrate about being cautious. A good way to draw out the flavor of a scene when someone new enters is to describe them a little, have the main person talk about something of that current time or his reaction to such a scene, or give details on the environment and/or how the characters look or feel right now.

Example:
    As I stayed there, sulking about having to leave a man joined me as I sat near the little lake's bank. I was surprised by his coming, but retained an uninterested composure, acting as if I didn't care about his presence here. I'm uncomfortable around strangers so I tend to mind my own business hoping they do as well.
    My subtle attempts to avoid a conversation's beginning however failed, when the stranger asked me an uncanny question.
    "Boy" his voice washed on my ears, like the little waves I was watching, "do you know the story of 'Little Litleo and Pyroar'"?.
    I was perplexed by the question and shook with a "no".

Despite these little tidbits your story was enjoyable if not foreshadowing. Normally starting a new work does have a rough beginning ,hell, I'm proof of that. However, I bring these up with the intent to offer a little advice on ways you can improve. I like how Kane is going to a town, and despite missing his friends back where he was, still having the excitement of a kid going on an adventure to a new place. It's an accurate feeling for a kid in his situation with his persona (that I can tell). Let me end by saying I have no intention to tell you how to write.
    You have style and works that compliment you as a writer and I would be a Roar of Time on a Klefkey to impose anything on how you should write, since there is no perfect way of writing.
    I wish you well in your works and I hope this extremely long comment will aid in your literary works. I'm first an encourager to an teller.
    Good luck and know that great works have humble beginnings!

PS: I love Axews and things that start small and become bringers of awesome like Axews can! YEAH!

axew-iriss-pokemon-79.9.jpg

Back