• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NPC Won't Move During Cutscene (setmoveroute)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I've been having an issue with setmoveroute. I am simply trying to create a cutscene when the player steps over a tile. When the cutscene begins, both the NPC and my player just freeze in place. Does anyone know why this might be occurring? My code is below...Thanks!

NPC Won't Move During Cutscene (setmoveroute)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Well very often it is because your character can't follow the move route and will be stuck. So the move route you assigned to this character can't be followed.
    Just check your move route (is it correct? Note that you are transferring your event somewhere before making it move) and your tiles passability. If you want the character to walk through an impassable tile, you have to use "Through On"/"Through Off" in your "move route" settings.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Thank you for the reply! I solved the issue...I was using impassable terrain and didn't even realize. I just fixed it in the database.

Back