• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Character design resources and help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
  • Um, hello everyone!
    Recently, I started working on a concept for a fictional story inspired by medieval Western Europe, anime and so on. While designing my (first!) OC-the princess and main heroine, I realized how much I loved Yggdra's from Yggdra Union design. While trying to think of something simple and unique...I fell completely on my face.
    [right is mine+edits from a friend, left is original]
    55jxEhx.png

I really have no idea what to do without ripping off preexisting designs-what I'm going for is something warm, frilly, poofy sleeves and a corset, but as I said before, I can't design more than a basic nightgown. I'm not asking for someone to make me a design, I just would like for someone to point me towards ideas, resources (for more realistic humans, all I've seen are about heavily deformed cartoon-ish characters) and so on that might be useful for me, I just really have no experience in these things and I'm going crazy. ;-;
    Also, here are some designs that I absolutely adore:
    HUGE IMAGE!
    Spoiler:

I'm especially fond of the simple, but elegant colour-coded ones and the frills of the other ones, especially Yggdra's (middle on the top, left is her design from another game she's in). Another problem I have is making dresses look more combat-ish, Yggdra achieves it with those random belts on her sleeves (those are genius) and sheer bulk.
    Sorry if this isn't really worth a thread or if it's worded akwardly, I have to go to bed in a few minutes and sorry for bothering people, but this is really driving me insane.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back