• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Across Generations

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Across Generations
    Introduction

First of all, welcome ! :) Let's begin explanations : we all know that many Pokemons are capable of evolution, some can evolve once, others can evolve twice. The latter case will be the heart of this challenge. Basically, all you'll need to finish it is reaching a game ending point, BUT with three generations of Pokemons in your team. Each stage of evolution is considered as a generation, so Pokemon that are capable of two evolutions are the key, for exemple, Squirtle is a first generation, Kadabra is a second generation, and Dragonite is a third generation pokemon, and the point of this challenge is to finish the game with generations following each others like a cycle (represented here by the obtention of two badges, see rules for more details). My speech is over, hope you'll have fun playing it ! ;) If you have any question, feel free to ask (here or by PM)

Rules
    I. You start the game normally, until at least one of you Pokemon evolve. If all of them evolve, then you have to catch another generation of first stage pokemons to continue the cycle. (Exemple : Catching a Weedle, a Metapod and a Pidgey, at the moment Weedle and Pidgey evolve, you'll have to catch another first stage Pokemon, if Kakuka, Metapod and Pidgeotto evolve to their final stage, you'll have to evolve at least one first stage to keep all three generations in your party)
    II. You'll have six pokemon (this number isn't mandatory, however be sure to have at least one pokemon of each stage).
    III. If a pokemon faint, he is considered "Dead" so you have to release it (or store it forever for emotional people). From this point, you can evolve a pokemon to the dead one stage of evolution (for exemple, let's say Nidoking dies, you can evolve Ivysaur into Venusaur)
    IV. You're allowed to catch evolved Pokemon too, but keep in mind that they'll leave your party sooner than a first stage Pokemon.
    V. Each time you obtain two badges, the fully evolved generation (if you have any) have to be stored forever for the next one to fully evolve, then the non evolved pokemons can evolve once, and at last, you have to catch non evolved pokemons, it all works like a cycle.
    VI. You can catch pokemons of the same species (only if the other pokemon of the same species is dead, but NOT if it's stored)
    VII. Mega-Evolution aren't allowed since they're temporary.
    VIII. Legendaries aren't allowed since they cannot evolve nor are the evolution of any Pokemon. (Except Cosmog from Sun/Moon)
    IX.1 The ending point of each games are:
    Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green: Defeat your Rival as Champion at the Indigo Plateau.
    Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver: Defeat the E4 and Lance.
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: Defeat Elite Four and Steven in R/S/OR/AS. Defeat Elite Four and Wallace in E.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Defeat Elite Four and Cynthia.
    Black/White or Black 2/White 2: Beat Ghetsis in B/W. Defeat Elite Four and Iris in B2/W2.
    XY: Defeat Elite Four, Diantha and AZ.
    Sun/Moon: Defeat Elite Four and Champion.
    OR
    IX.2  They're also optional ending points:
    Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green: Rematch the E4 and defeat your Rival once more at the Indigo Plateau.
    Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver: Defeat Red at Mt Silver.
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: Rematch E4 and defeat Steven again in R/S. Complete the Delta Episode in OR/AS. Defeat Defeat Steven at Meteor Falls in E.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Beat your Rival at Fight Area in Diamond/Pearl. Beat your Rival at Survival Area in Platinum.
    Black/White or Black 2/White 2: Rematch the Elite Four and defeat Alder in B/W. Rematch Elite Four and Iris in B2/W2.
    XY: Rematch Elite Four and Diantha.

About Two Stage Evolution Pokemon
    Because most pokemons can only evolve once, you are still able to use them but in this case, unelvolved form are considered first stage and their evolution is considered third stage. They're are some exceptions, Pokemons too powerful and those who gain a baby form in latter games are considered being second stage pokemons (Gligar, Scyther, Pikachu, Clefairy, Chansey etc). To conclude, keep in mind that three-stage evolution pokemons are encouraged.

Optional Rules (Pick any of them to your liking)
    X. You can specify in your sign up if you want someone to pick your first team for you, with the only condition being to know pokemons locations (For exemple don't expect someone to get a Magmar before Ceruelan City).
    XI. You can't caught two pokemon of the same species, thus, the only way to have two members of the same species is by breeding. However, if your pokemon die (faint), you'll lost the species forever. Moreover, breeding is the only thing that allow you to take a pokemon that you've already stored after gaining two badges. [Picking that rule nullify the rule V.]

XII. You may hack in your very first Pokemon if you want, however it have to be in it's first stage and level 5 (with the according movepool, basically, just like a starter).

Three-Stage Evolution Pokemons
    Spoiler:

Username: Strelok Legend
    Version: Fire Red
    First Pokemon: Squirtle

Challengers
    Spoiler:

Hall Of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    First update

So I began by choosing Squirtle, often I choose Charmander or Bulbasaur but never Squirtle, don't know why. Anyway I trained it until level 13 then went to Viridian Forest to catch a Pikachu (considered as a Second Stage Pokemon because of Pichu). I trained it to catch up Squirtle then defeated Brock with the power of water moves. But since I've got soon after two Second Stage pokemon, I caught a Geodude at Mt Moon, who proved usefull at all levels because of its dual typing.
        Green's bulbasaur was a pain because Wartortle and Geodude are weak to Grass type, but I tricked it into paralysis using Thunderwave then switched to Geodude to finish it with a high magnitude. The rest was pure grinding, Geodude evolved into Graveler and I defeated Lt Surge with ease. Then I caught an Oddish to get the next generation, together with a Machop inside Rock Tunnel. Next was a Growlithe but I stored it for a short time because the team was full. In the meantime, Oddish evolved quicly in a Gloom, then him and Pikachu evolved to their Final Stage using evolution stones at Celedon City.
        Before destroying Erika, I've done all events concerning Team Rocket during which Wartortle evolved into a Blastoise. There was only one meaning to this, after getting the Fourth Badge, I'll lose three members of my team. Everything went smoothly until I beat Erika using my trained Growlithe. Here's end the first update.

My team before the Fourth Badge :
    Spoiler:

Then after :
    Spoiler:

Needless to say, losing important members is a real pain but I've got to built the team again, and so forth... Anyway I'll keep moving :)

Back