• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Shiny PID Reroller(Changing shiny odds)[Fire Red, Emerald]

Years
    • Seen today
    Would this work on an existing Fire Red romhack project, or will only work on an unmodified fire red 1.0 from?

Years
    • Seen today
    > -To change the amount of rerolls open up the patched ROM in you hex editor of choice and change the value at these offsets depending on version:
    Fire Red: 0x0072008C (0872008C)

I'm confused. Once I go to the hex location 0x0072008C what exactly am I supposed to do. What does (0872008C) represent? Also what does "Any value from '00 00' to 'FF FF' is supported, note that the value is stored as little endian mean?"

Can you reword your instructions to make it more specific because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do after applying the patch

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    I would like to set the shiny encounter rate to be 1% but I don't know which values to change in order to do that.
    Some help plz? I'm pretty sure most people who come across this would like to set the shiny % to their own preferences. Without that ability, this tool isn't worth much.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    Hi !
    I tried your tool and I have 100% shinies with this line : (I wanted to have 1/50 shinies)

Could you make a quick step by step tutorial for noobs ? :p

Thanks a lot anyways !

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I figured out how to easily change the odds. First you need to download HexManiacAdvance. Then search for "Shiny odd" and select "Scripts.shiny.odds". This will take you to a screen with a few highlighted variables. Double click on the first one (default should be 8) This will take you to another screen with the same number highlighted. Change that value to whatever odds you want (from 1-255). For example the default is 8 which results in 65535/8 = 8191, which is the default 1/8191 odds in fire red. If you changed the "8" to 60 for example, the odds would become 65535/60 = 1092. So now the shiny odds are 1/1092. If you set it to the max which is 255, your shiny odds become 1/257

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    how do i dowload it when i press the link its just a drive and when i dowload it i cant open it

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    how do i install it so confused when i press the link it goes into a drive to i convert it into a zip?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    Hello, I figured out how to easily change the odds. First you need to download HexManiacAdvance. Then search for "Shiny odd" and select "Scripts.shiny.odds". This will take you to a screen with a few highlighted variables. Double click on the first one (default should be 8) This will take you to another screen with the same number highlighted. Change that value to whatever odds you want (from 1-255). For example the default is 8 which results in 65535/8 = 8191, which is the default 1/8191 odds in fire red. If you changed the "8" to 60 for example, the odds would become 65535/60 = 1092. So now the shiny odds are 1/1092. If you set it to the max which is 255, your shiny odds become 1/257

can you help me with it please

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Hi there, I'm planning on doing a shiny only soullink with someone in FireRed and LeafGreen so I found this to increase the shiny odds, however it doesn't seem to work in LeafGreen (I stubbornly tried to just use the FireRed patch but it crashes before the rival fight), is there some way to make that work?

Back